Warmoth LPs---Lets see them

I have a pair in the works :icon_thumright: Tonar is finishing up the neck for his burst.
I have another luthier working on an LP neck with a black dyed flamed maple fingerboard and natural flame maple binding to match the natural binding on the body...

TonarFireburst001_zps207401c0.jpg

BlackDogLPFront_zps7e84715c.png

:rock-on:

I've got to get an SG body with a black dye finish like that.  Stupid Gibson threats. 

Those are going to be some sweet, sweet LPs.  Especially with the Tonar work. 

I've got this on the way. 

LPC207A.jpg

It's going to get Tonarized to look something like these two:

LPCP356A.jpg

8479427273_f43b6f6993_z.jpg

Clear back to show the mahogany, Tonar oil finish mahogany/rosewood neck, and some of TroubledTreble's new Roadhouse "classic style" humbuckers he's working on.  And I think I'm going to name it Sue, and the neck plate will say "So Sue Me" in reference to the fact that it will be superior to a Gibson.  Take that! 

SustainerPlayer said:
hannaugh said:
And I think I'm going to name it Sue, and the neck plate will say "So Sue Me" in reference to the fact that it will be superior to a Gibson.  Take that!

:icon_thumright:

:icon_thumright: +1000  :laughing11:

That unfinished LP has some nice figure Hannaugh and Tonar's magic will really make it pop!
I can't wait to see it....
:rock-on:

You and me both!  :toothy10:

I'm almost tempted to have the neck plate say "Better than a Gibson.  Yeah, I said it.  So SUE me."

You know what I want to know?  Where is this body now, and what does it look like with a neck and hardware on it?  I wish this person was a forum member.  I really want to see what they did with this piece.

image.axd

hannaugh said:
I've got to get an SG body with a black dye finish like that.
There was a Warmoth beauty on fleabay last week, but it was a good looking BK (unfinished) with TOM.
Keep your eyes out.
I must be the only person with a SG + 2Tek  :blob7: ..... and she's a beauty  :icon_thumright:

Updown said:
I must be the only person with a SG + 2Tek  :blob7: ..... and she's a beauty  :icon_thumright:

Updown...

How are you liking that 2Tek bridge and would you use it again on a future build?  :dontknow:

Yep ... I like the 2Tek
:icon_scratch: Don't know if I really need another one on a guitar as I have one now.
If I built a Bass it would surely get one, as I don't have a Bass with one.

But ....
On the other hand .....  (that's the left one)  :icon_biggrin:
I might do a Tele with one (someday) or even a Strat.
Or wait to see what new bodies the big W comes up with.  :dontknow:

I like the look of them without the mount ring that ya can get. That naked look, like my SG Yella Terra is  :icon_thumright:

Here is half of one. Nabbed it when the sale started, despite my better fiscal judgement.

Still coming up with a plan for it aside from having black hardware. Also waiting for new neck designs so I can have a quilt maple headstock.

Attachments

• lpc213a.jpg
    lpc213a.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 219
  • lpc213c.jpg
    lpc213c.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 219
Is there anyway for me to get an image of the body I picked up last week?  It obviously isn't in the showcase anymore... And the body above was the one I was really after, you've got a beautiful top on that thing!

whiskyboy1977 said:
Is there anyway for me to get an image of the body I picked up last week?  It obviously isn't in the showcase anymore... And the body above was the one I was really after, you've got a beautiful top on that thing!

If you bought it online, you can go to Warmoth's site and sign in to your account, then click on "Account" in the top right corner. From there, select your order by clicking on the appropriate "View Order" button. You can get images of your order by clicking on the body's part number under "Bodies/Necks" on the "Configured Items" section of your order. It'll be SC1 and then a 3-digit number, like SC1185 or something.

Another way to find the pics is to use this link  http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/images/bodies/large/LPC193a.jpg  but in place of the 193, type in the item number of your guitar.  If you then change the a to b, c, and d, etc you will find the different views of it. 

I must confess sometimes I load up that link and just start typing in different numbers to see which pics come up.  It's like Warmoth body roulette. 

The Man In Plaid said:
Here is half of one. Nabbed it when the sale started, despite my better fiscal judgement.

Still coming up with a plan for it aside from having black hardware. Also waiting for new neck designs so I can have a quilt maple headstock.

I had my eye on that one for a while as well, but then I decided I wanted flame instead.  It's so nice!  What color are you going to make it?

Back