October 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

DMRACO said:
where are the guitars?  :dontknow:
The last few GOTM's have been left till the end of entry time to show them all in one hit.

May-be that's whats happening ..... don't panic  :icon_thumright:

ZGOZZ said:
I would like to put my EVH yellow bee in but I think it maybe a far shot.

You won't know until you give it a shot. My Franky is going in again next chance it gets. This guitar is too cool not to take one of these.....yours is too.
MULLY

mullyman said:
ZGOZZ said:
I would like to put my EVH yellow bee in but I think it maybe a far shot.

You won't know until you give it a shot. My Franky is going in again next chance it gets. This guitar is too cool not to take one of these.....yours is too.
MULLY

I had an EVH inspired winner.    Certainly not out of the question

I'm in with a 1st warmoth build.  I did this one as a learning tool for the next one.  Learned a lot and it plays even better than I expected.

There's some very ...... Lush .....
spock.gif
  looking guitars, again entered for GOTM 

Great work to all.  :icon_thumright:
:rock-on:

It would help if we knew.  I send mine on the 7 the with a brief description, and used attachments.... :dontknow:

I'm bummed. I sent mine on time (not too early or too late) with attachment and a description that was not my life's story ... still got kicked out without notification... would have been happy to fix any problems :-(

yes, that 's one I submitted ... too bad ... I asked for an explanation why it was kicked out of the competition but no reply so far :-( ... in any case - it's a nice guitar nonetheless that I gig with all the time in a cover band because it is so versatile ... just wanted share with all of you Warmoth enthusiasts!

Frank67 said:
... I asked for an explanation why it was kicked out of the competition but no reply so far :-(

There's an addendum to the entries above after the #7 entry where they explain why a number of instruments were dropped out of the running this month. Maybe reading through that will give you a clue as to why yours didn't make the cut.

I can't figure out what to do with my pictures. I had to put them into Photobucket to clean them up - brighten and rotate and stuff. I emailed it to myself but, so what? I can send them to myself, but not to the contest because they don't like Photobucket?

If you don't want or can't afford/won't pay for Photoshop, you might want to consider downloading The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). It's a really powerful tool that lets you do a lotta stuff that you'd normally have to pay quite a bit for from the likes of Adobe. But, it's free, and it works well. Many use it as their main image processing tool. There are versions for OS/X, Windows and Linux.

You can import a huge number of formats, convert between them, do all that fun Photoshop stuff all the cool kids are doing, then export your work in a huge number of different formats. Plus, there are plug-ins to do other stuff that's not native, like batch processing (if you wanted to, for instance, resize a pile of pictures at once). Really, it's a lot more than most people will ever need.

Incidentally, it's not that they don't like Photobucket; they use exactly that to display things here. But, they need .jpg or .gif photos of no larger than the size specified to submit to photobucket. It could certainly be done another way, but the contest operators don't want to quit their jobs to free up enough time to change people's 8 million different formats, resize them, decipher, edit and format their text, all of which would also mean owning all the various programs to do all those things... it's too unwieldy.

Just email the right sized .jpg shots as an attachment to the GOM address, along with your descriptive text, during the contest period.

The picture limitation is a limitation on time and bandwidth.  When you take a .jpg right from the camera, its usually pretty big.  Photobucket will downsample the image to some degree, but it takes forever.  And it takes a lot of bandwidth - and I have no idea why.  Also on bandwidth is the hard wall we hit every month with photobucket.  There is a limit for uploading, and downloading, and we have hit the download limit every month for the last... three or four months.  Upload limit is also getting used up, but not quite as rapidly.

Ok - now for the big apology. 

I myself, with no aid from fellow GOTM team members totally screwed up.  I literally didn't set my mechanical watch's date at the end of September and somehow I thought Sunday was the 7th.  It was the 6th.    There was one qualifiying entry out of the more than several incoming.  It was dmraco's and good gravy.... sigh.... the voting got posted before his came in and thats what happened.  Totally human error, and totally brought to my attention AFTER the voting poll got posted.

We're all try better in the future... and again... my apology.

Back