October 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM said:
The picture limitation is a limitation on time and bandwidth.  When you take a .jpg right from the camera, its usually pretty big.  Photobucket will downsample the image to some degree, but it takes forever.  And it takes a lot of bandwidth - and I have no idea why.  Also on bandwidth is the hard wall we hit every month with photobucket.  There is a limit for uploading, and downloading, and we have hit the download limit every month for the last... three or four months.  Upload limit is also getting used up, but not quite as rapidly.

Ok - now for the big apology. 

I myself, with no aid from fellow GOTM team members totally screwed up.  I literally didn't set my mechanical watch's date at the end of September and somehow I thought Sunday was the 7th.  It was the 6th.    There was one qualifiying entry out of the more than several incoming.  It was dmraco's and good gravy.... sigh.... the voting got posted before his came in and thats what happened.  Totally human error, and totally brought to my attention AFTER the voting poll got posted.

We're all try better in the future... and again... my apology.

That is OK.  Been there.... :headbang:

Just add me and give me ten votes to catch up!!! :laughing3:

I will save it.....

Feel kinda bad some folks didn't get in that wanted to. Wish it had worked out different. :sad1:
Anyway, good luck to every one that got in!  :eek:ccasion14:
Here's a link to the build pictures for mine: Ebony & Ivory

Ddbltrbl said:
Feel kinda bad some folks didn't get in that wanted to. Wish it had worked out different. :sad1:
Anyway, good luck to every one that got in!  :eek:ccasion14:
Here's a link to the build pictures for mine: Ebony & Ivory

we will get them next month....here is mine.
80317AA7_zps5a21a1ad.jpg

I tried, but evidently was one of the "big photo" offenders.  For the record, it was an old iPhone 4s, but apparently still too big.  Hopefully I'll have better luck next month!

Cagey said:
Nonsense. A pale blue Tele won last month because it was a wonderful thing. Very attractive, well-built, conscientiously equipped... it was the sort of thing that if you looked at it and knew its pedigree, you wanted it, even if it wasn't necessarily your kind of fiddle.

Nothing has changed. The same criteria apply.  A thing of beauty is a glory to behold.

Back