Warmoth Les Paul #6: Purpleheart Top, Rosewood back

Orpheo

Sometimes the need for speed, uhm... wood, goes beyond prefered boundaries. Half of the rainforest resides in my living room  :dontknow: but still....  :rock-on: :party07:

This guitar is no exception: no exotics = no guitar for me! Thats why this guitar is one of my favorites! No, just kidding, ofcourse. This guitar is one of my favorites, cause its unique in every aspect. The neckback, the top, back, pickups, wiring...

Here is the spec-sheet:
1 piece purpleheart
2 piece indian rosewood back, solid
iveroid binding on top
3 humbuckers

canary neck, fatback
macassar ebony fingerboard
iveroid binding, 6100 frets
custom inlay

My OWN pickup-set! I won't post all the details, but sufficive to say, there's no set in the WORLD like this one! its totallly unique, and it will only work and sound good in a les paul. in a strat, tele, V, xplorer or SG? Forget it.

Here are the pics!

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Man, that's sexy. I may have to get something similar sometime.
Chrome hardware.
Cream p90s...

You know, this is probably the best guitar you've put together. It's tasteful.

And that's like a wine red on steroids, which rocks.

Very nice Orf, but I see no custom plate you mentioned of ...Only a blank canvas.... :laughing7:
IMG_0462.jpg

So, what's up with all the secrecy regarding your pick-up's  :icon_scratch:
Are ya scared...  Someone may discover your secret and attempt to corner the world market on Orf's special LP reserve pups? 

Seriously, very nice combination of woods.  I have always loved Purpleheart and it goes really well with the Rosewood & Canary.
I am really just jealous10!
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Black Dog said:
Are ya scared...   Someone may discover your secret and attempt to corner the world market on Orf's special LP reserve pups? 

Seriously, very nice combination of woods.  I have always loved Purpleheart and it goes really well with the Rosewood & Canary.

well, its my idea, my design, and I dont want someone to steal the details and put it out as their own ;)

@doug: I know, but I didn't get around to carve the thing. I just wanna play...

Orpheo said:
Black Dog said:
Are ya scared...   Someone may discover your secret and attempt to corner the world market on Orf's special LP reserve pups? 

well, its my idea, my design, and I dont want someone to steal the details and put it out as their own ;)

@doug: I know, but I didn't get around to carve the thing. I just wanna play...
:icon_thumright:

Wana's made a guitar said:
I look at that and think of This guy:

images

(Bernard Black from the show Black Books)

hahaha, it reminded me of Manny!!!
(so you do get good comedy in australia then?)
char_manny.gif

Again another brilliant project from Orpheo. :blob7: :hello2: :toothy10:

Notice you have both a 5 way blade switch and a three way toggle. I know you want to keep the pickup design quiet, but are you in a position to tell us about the combination of those switches and how they work? :icon_scratch:

Back