Warmoth Giveaway Sweepstakes!!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Hey everybody...semi-big announcement:

Warmoth is going to be trying something new this year. We will be conducting some Facebook giveaways and sweepstakes. Some will be photo contests, some will be polls, and some will be simple random drawings. The first of them is set to start this Monday, February 23, and I wanted to give everyone at UW advance notice.

It's called the Build a Body Sweepstakes, and this first one will be for a Strat® replacement body. To enter you build your dream body using Warmoth's Custom Builder tool...including your choice of Seymour Duncan pickups. Then you do a screen capture of the image, and submit it using the form on our Facebook page. The entry with the most votes gets their custom body built, and the set of pickups they specified.

Pretty dang cool.

Keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook page starting next Monday, and good luck! (And stay tuned every month for another fun giveaway.)

Sounds like fun! Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate. I'd rather take a beating than set up a Facebook account.

So, basically, I do what I always do on the warmoth web site only this time I take a screen shot, and  submit the picture on facebook, and possibly win the actual body? Okay.  The only thing is, I think a lot of people will be doing it, so odds won't be that great, but hey, I sometimes play the lottery (even though I know that's mathematically unwise) and that's actual money.

But just to be clear, it's just Strat bodies, no Soloist or Jazzmasters? (I ask because I have a bitchin' idea for a Jazzmaster that I don't think has been done yet. Not exactly, anyway.)

This is very very cool!  I'll be sure to enter.  I have some interesting stratty ideas...

Anyone remember the old 'drawings'?  Nice to see something more, er, legit...

1351899676-crybaby.jpg

But I don't wanna join Facebook!

You can join Facebook with a fake name and put on a lot of privacy stuff.  I would never use my real name on face book.  I use it for moniitering family members and entering contests and I never post.  I agree face book is too invasive, but it's ubiquitis, the kids use it, hard to get away from it

Rick said:
You can join Facebook with a fake name...

I'm also against Facebook/Twitter/Instagram dictatorship. People can use whatever they want I just can't understand why so many make their competitions/giveaways only through them. I'm subscribed at the company's newsletter, they could have done it also through this.

No FaceBook cr*p for me, either--truly offensive...oh,well, maybe I'll just build my 'dream Strat' the old fashioned way.... 

The last time I thought I might set up an account they wanted to connect to my contacts list, so I backed out. I'm fairly confident nobody who sends me email wants me handing out their address to the spam/trojan/virus/data harvester king of the universe.

Cagey said:
The last time I thought I might set up an account they wanted to connect to my contacts list, so I backed out. I'm fairly confident nobody who sends me email wants me handing out their address to the spam/trojan/virus/data harvester king of the universe.

view;_ylt=AwrB8pedfeRU2wUADfiJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIyaGVrbTJnBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANkZWRlOTcyNTAxYTU0MTYxMTFhMjhiYjBmNTBmYTlkNwRncG9zAzQEaXQDYmluZw--

Cagey said:
Sounds like fun! Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate. I'd rather take a beating than set up a Facebook account.

Same as you. But it's a pretty cool idea from W nevertheless.

croquet hoop said:
... it's a pretty cool idea from W nevertheless.

I agree. Their marketing has always been a little low-key. The existing customer base is pretty faithful and dependable, but I think they could get a lot larger pretty easily. Of course, it's possible they don't really want to grow. Perhaps they're comfortable where they're at. The bigger a company gets, the greater a pain in the shorts it can be.

Facebook deserves to be lied to, it's like the nitwit who asks you how much you make, or how much did you pay for your house, and you know they are going to take your information and blab about it  ... no need to tell the truth to such a person.

Cool initiative!  :icon_thumright:

But I'm also a non-facebooker or whatever it's called.  :toothy11:

Also - I don't really need another strat with Seymour Duncan pickups.  :icon_jokercolor:

Well I am stoked on it. Probably using facebook cause the get a fair bit of traffic on their page. I am in  :toothy10:

SustainerPlayer said:
Cool initiative!  :icon_thumright:

But I'm also a non-facebooker or whatever it's called.  :toothy11:

Also - I don't really need another strat with Seymour Duncan pickups.  :icon_jokercolor:

Well, you could sell the thing if you won. Free money is always fun. But, it would have to be worth one massive amount of cash to get me on Facebook. I'm thinking something that would take a truck to move.

Back