Warmoth Dyes, what do they use?

4SyL12I.jpg

Interesting motifs ... I see some Hokusai, some tribal religious tattoo art, Art Deco... what inspired the rest?

rick2 said:
Interesting motifs ... I see some Hokusai, some tribal religious tattoo art, Art Deco... what inspired the rest?

Well there's the Great Wave, and the rest are just my daughter's paisley patterns... not sure from where?

First coat of Nitro looks the business... I just love the colour. Couldn't be happier.
5ZtRzS2.jpg

So this got "finished"... bar some tweaking of the electronics and a professional setup.

Currently I'm running 500k audio for volume, and 500k linear for tone. Will try 250k audio for both tho. I think it's a little dark sounding at the moment. And the linear pots bunch all the effect up at one end of the turn. I've never really owned a P90 guitar before so I don't know what to expect sound wise... all I know is that I don't really like it as is. I was expecting more single coil sound and it's definitely more 'bucker sounding.

And don't look to closely at the finish... you can tell it's my first attempt... some bits aren't as shiny as they should be. But finished > perfect yeah?

C53lB7t.jpg

Cn7wRwx.jpg

wxbXjLt.jpg

Nice job... in terms of brightness 250K are likely to sound darker. Perhaps 500K log pots and different capacitor values might get you there.

Back