Warmoth 2 Canary on Canary Conversion

Cagey

Mythical Status
New neck day! Yay!

As the title says, this is a Canary/Canary 24.75" conversion neck w/ a Warmoth 2 headstock. I had them bind it with cream binding as well.

IMG_2803_Sm.JPG

IMG_2808_Sm.JPG

IMG_2810_Sm.JPG

IMG_2811_Sm.JPG

Kinda pretty, isn't it? Warmoth did an excellent job, as usual. Now I have something to do this weekend.

B-stock - frets missing?  :icon_jokercolor:

Congrats - Canary on canary is a sweet dish.  :icon_thumright:

SustainerPlayer said:
B-stock - frets missing?  :icon_jokercolor:

WTF?!? I knew something looked funny! <grin>

Actually, I wanted to burnish the fretboard, and you can't do that with frets installed. Plus, fretwork with good (stainless or gold) frets is a serious adder when there's binding involved. So, I'll fret it. I've got the tools and skills, and a length of gold fretwire is only $11. Pretty time-consuming, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything terminal yet, so...

Very nice!  I'm not sure exactly why, but I've been drawn to canary necks for a while now.  I keep thinking one would look really nice with a body finished in green.

Nice! was that board a unique choice or did you just luck out?

Gold usually brings me out in hives but this is going to be quite something. One of the first guitars to really imprint itself visually on my (at the time) soft young mind was a Cadillac green Country Club - any chance of some painted-on f-holes?

Johnny said:
Very nice!  I'm not sure exactly why, but I've been drawn to canary necks for a while now.  I keep thinking one would look really nice with a body finished in green.

This one's going on a body finished in green. The top, anyway...

IMG_2799_Sm.JPG

Canary is a great choice if you want the response of Maple, but would rather a raw neck. Also, it has a bit more character.

Fat Pete said:
Nice! was that board a unique choice or did you just luck out?

Gold usually brings me out in hives but this is going to be quite something. One of the first guitars to really imprint itself visually on my (at the time) soft young mind was a Cadillac green Country Club - any chance of some painted-on f-holes?

Yes, the 'board was a unique choice. I generally trust Warmoth, but on this one I had to have that piece.

I agree that gold hardware can become a problem fairly fast, but it's not usually a big issue for me. I have dry hands and I'm not an abusive player, plus my guitars are equipped and set up well enough that I don't have to retune them 30 times an hour. Plus, I have enough guitars to load share them.

And no, no F holes, painted or otherwise.

Very classy.  Warmoth has made some amazing Canary necks.  I look forward to seeing the finished guitar!

That's very tasty  :icon_thumright:

But I spotted a Flaw in that neck .......

You need to send it to me ASAP  :icon_biggrin:

Too late. Already started burnishing it. It's mine now, come hell or high water :laughing7:

Here it is after polishing it up...

IMG_2813_Sm.JPG

IMG_2815_Sm.JPG

IMG_2818_Sm.JPG

I broke the corners on the headstock with some 220 grit, then everything got treated to a progression of 400, 800, 1200, 1500 and 2000 grits. Thing is slicker'n snot.

Also, I weighed it and it's 1.1 pounds. Nice and light. Body's at 4.6, so we're currently at 5.7 pounds, less hardware. Should be a comfy instrument.

Wow! That is gonna be a BEAUTY, Kevin!! Great job on the body binding, I hadn't seen that completed!!

Thanks. I need to do a "work in progress" thread. This thing is all over the 'board.

Wow. That's an impressive difference.  I might have to send you my VIP to work your magic on it, assuming you're willing and my finance department clears it.

I'm certainly willing, there's no problem there. A proper fret/neck setup is a Good Thing. It's that final bit that makes an instrument a joy to play.

Back