Warhead vs Jazzmaster headstock (size and global look)

jdiogon

Hi everyone

I would like to build a metal guitar, inspired by the Jim Root Jazzmaster.
I'm thinking all white, matching headstock.

I don't like the strat 70's head (for reference)
The difference with the jazzmaster head is subtle but it makes the jazzmaster one look better, I think.

I'm attracted to the Warhead headstock, because it's something different.
But I'm concerned that it might look "too small" because the Jazzmaster body is somehow quite big.
If it looks too small, I might as well go for the jazzmaster headstock, and loose the "it's a bit different" thing.

I tried to do a mockup but I'm not sure it is to scale.

What do you think ?

Thanks !

I'd go with the jm headstock, but maybe I'm just not used to the wh one on a jm body.

The JM headstock is good for it. With that body, the Warhead seems a bit small. I should talk, though, I put a Tele headstock on a JM. :laughing11:

Definitely the JM headstock. Warhead on this looks like the shrunken-head guy in the waiting room in Beetlejuice. :)

Warhead looks fine on a JM body!

I may be biased though...

https://imgur.com/gallery/qiWHn

I did it with a reverse jazzmaster headstock.  Looks great ...
Check it out

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31537.15

One subsidiary question for you guys : what about satin vs glossy on this build ?
I'm attracted to satin since I'll paint the neck also, and it will be faster.
But which one should be best, regarding a metal BUT sober look ?

:headbang:

Satin vs glossy is purely subjective. Some like one, some like the other. I generally lean toward glossy but there are some guitars that look great in satin. Go with the one you prefer because you're the one who needs to be satisfied with it. For finish choices, there are no wrong ones.

When I get into a conundrum about what color, finish, etc  ... basically cosmetic stuff, I ask my wife.  After you get the by-in you don't get the complaint ... oh another guitar, but if she chooses a color, then the complaints disappear!  It's like magic.

rick2 said:
When I get into a conundrum about what color, finish, etc  ... basically cosmetic stuff, I ask my wife.  After you get the by-in you don't get the complaint ... oh another guitar, but if she chooses a color, then the complaints disappear!  It's like magic.
:toothy12:
I did this, several times.
Before she left !
(other reasons than the guitars... I guess)  :toothy10:

Back