Want your guitar to be famous?

Mayfly said:
what the... how come we're only learning about this now??

No kidding!  That is a wonderful representation of what our little coterie of mad-scientists can achieve with vision and support from Warmoth.  Although, candidly, the Fender headstock may be the kiss of death for Aaron's needs.

Unwound G said:
How about this one ? The Jazzbird.  It has a true Warmoth heritage.  Designed by me, hand cut by late Ken, finished in your paint shop and precedes the current JM or Jag bodies currently available.  It even precedes Fender/Squier Pawnshop series.

That is freaking epic....but can't use it, unfortunately.

The Aaron said:
Unwound G said:
How about this one ? The Jazzbird.  It has a true Warmoth heritage.  Designed by me, hand cut by late Ken, finished in your paint shop and precedes the current JM or Jag bodies currently available.  It even precedes Fender/Squier Pawnshop series.

Will a neck change to a Warmoth 3x3 or Warhead qualify it ?

Unwound G said:
The Aaron said:
Unwound G said:

Will a neck change to a Warmoth 3x3 or Warhead qualify it ?

No....I need to stick with products you can purchase currently.

Unwound G said:
Mayfly said:

Long story short in 2006, I was commissioned by a small Asian guitar manufacturer to design a guitar that is not Fender nor Gibson but with their characteristic.  I married the Jazzmaster and Firebird which became The Jazzbird. 

And now Deusenberg is joining your party:

https://www.duesenberg.de/en/guitars/falken/

Slackjaw said:
Unwound G said:
Mayfly said:

Long story short in 2006, I was commissioned by a small Asian guitar manufacturer to design a guitar that is not Fender nor Gibson but with their characteristic.  I married the Jazzmaster and Firebird which became The Jazzbird. 

And now Deusenberg is joining your party:

https://www.duesenberg.de/en/guitars/falken/
Puts my mind at ease to know everyone, even the big boys, borrow ideas from classic designs and are not actually stealing to warrant lawsuit instances.

Ronios RV1 - Warmoth mahogany body blank, Warmoth neck. GOM November 2017

Attachments

• ronis_rv1_front.png
    ronis_rv1_front.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • ronios_rv1_back.png
    ronios_rv1_back.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
I'm still partial to my Bari-Tele due its unique characteristics, but mostly because the neck was a gift from Ken Warmoth to spearhead the project.  Since his passing in 2019, this guitar has largely been referred to as "Kenneth".

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=15644.0

This is about as simple as it gets aside from the Bird's eye maple neck. The body is a carved top chambered Regal. Neck has black binding and satin nitro finish. Is this too plain?

Attachments

• DSC_0050 copy.jpg
    DSC_0050 copy.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 100
Back