Want your guitar to be famous?

I'm not sure if I've got the photo quality you're looking for, but how about my Albert Lee-esque build? The body was made from a Warmoth routed blank and the neck is of course Warmoth as well.

I7HuJat.jpg

swarfrat said:
Customer?  How about these:
CTVP224a.jpg

SN29449A.jpg

Of course, if it needs to be a customer guitar, you could send it to me and I'd gladly play it for a while.

I find myself lusting after that body

Went trolling through recent GOTM entries for non-fender guitars.  Here's a couple folks who need to toss their hat in:

Actualgenuine
s49QjPK.jpg

Kolsky
IGrWr0L.jpg

Dano
OHC6em6.jpg

Ronios
k90b53u.jpg

Rgand
FAWhylL.jpg

ragamuffin said:
I'm not sure if I've got the photo quality you're looking for, but how about my Albert Lee-esque build? The body was made from a Warmoth routed blank and the neck is of course Warmoth as well.

I7HuJat.jpg

Love this guitar, but putting it in a Warmoth ad would be no beuno. I'm not interested in becoming pen-pals with EBMM.

Fat Pete said:
Thanks for thinking of my builds!

I did see this thread but for some reason only thought of my Teles which don't qualify. You're more than welcome to use 'Beast', which is the only one that really does (apart from my Soloist baritone 'Barracuda', but I wasn't really happy with that one).

PfOIkmp.jpg

I have some high-res, very nearly straight-on photos I could send over.

This and that Musiclander you did would be awesome. I'll PM you.

So if this would fly, I can take cleaner, high-res images this weekend.

2020-12-06-19.16.20-600.jpg

V-K body + tiltback paddle neck.

NedRyerson said:
So if this would fly, I can take cleaner, high-res images this weekend.

2020-12-06-19.16.20-600.jpg

V-K body + tiltback paddle neck.

That would qualify.

Everybody please remember that the photos need to be print-quality and well-lit. Outdoor sun-shots are usually not very good. The shadows are too harsh and strong. Nicely-lit indoor shots usually better. The body needs to be reflection-free as well.

If I can see you and your camera in the body of the guitar....that's a hard no.

iu

I realize not everyone has the equipment or know-how to take a pro quality photo, but it has to be a requirement for this project. I can do some cleanup in photoshop, but it needs to be a pretty good photo to begin with.

Reflections... Not only is it unprofessional. There's always the off chance that nobody in the decision making process will figure out what they're looking at until it's too late.

cant-unsee-how-to-unsee.gif

I worked for a video equipment company who's advertising dept, and this is before my time mind you, wanted to take a photo of a prototype UI.  The UI was for the new video wipe interface (a wipe is a video effect used when changing shots).  The interface included buttons labeled for various types of wipes, such as 'star', 'circle', 'vertical', horizontal', etc.  What the photographer did not realize was, as a joke, the programmer put in a button labeled 'ass'.  As in 'ass wipe'.

it made it into national print advertising.  :headbang:

Fat Pete said:
I suspect it might be a bit 'left field' for Warmoth's purposes - outside the confines of this warm and friendly place it's pretty divisive - about 50/50. Could be fun for a love it or hate it type thing.

Despite some incredibly stiff competition, this is still my favourite guitar of the five-ish years I've been lurking on these forums.

How about this one ? The Jazzbird.  It has a true Warmoth heritage.  Designed by me, hand cut by late Ken, finished in your paint shop and precedes the current JM or Jag bodies currently available.  It even precedes Fender/Squier Pawnshop series.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208_090215.jpg
    Screenshot_20210208_090215.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 173
It's hard to say my all time all the favorite, because I've been here so long. But.. definitely the one that sticks out in my memory, and certainly in the top five...has already been eliminated: Biter

T89Rex said:
Fat Pete said:
I suspect it might be a bit 'left field' for Warmoth's purposes - outside the confines of this warm and friendly place it's pretty divisive - about 50/50. Could be fun for a love it or hate it type thing.

Despite some incredibly stiff competition, this is still my favourite guitar of the five-ish years I've been lurking on these forums.

Thanks!

Having revisited the original photos, I'm not sure they're up to scratch...  :dontknow:

Mayfly said:
what the... how come we're only learning about this now??

Long story short in 2006, I was commissioned by a small Asian guitar manufacturer to design a guitar that is not Fender nor Gibson but with their characteristic.  I married the Jazzmaster and Firebird which became The Jazzbird.  I sent the drawings to Warmoth to make a prototype and it came back perfect to specs.  The idea was to display the guitar at Shanghai Musikmesse to get some interest so it can be subsequently manufactured there.  The interest was not overwhelming nor trendy at that time for offset guitar bodies.  However the big companies must have noticed it as they were browsing other booths.  A few years later, Squier came out with their Pawnshop bass which looks very similar especially in 3-tone sunburst and similar pickguard.  I can't complain as it seems a really big compliment to me.  I was paid a one-of design fee anyway and sales commission was not relevant.  I have kept the prototype in a case all these years and still look new and unblemished. 

Attachments

• Squier Pawnshop bass.jpg
    Squier Pawnshop bass.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 163
Back