Want your guitar to be famous?

Great Ape guitar, but unfortunately I went with a Strat headstock. Bummer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210202_161501248.jpg
    IMG_20210202_161501248.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 149
I would nominate one of DBU's Soloists...
001sm.jpg

002.JPG

Diamondback.
Padauk neck, warmoth headstock, ebony board, white binding.
Stainless frets, split block inlays.
Diamondback mahogany body in arctic white.
Contoured heel.
https://i.imgur.com/iAZ9phZ.jpg

rick2 said:
Does fender trademarked neck mean fender licensed neck?

Yes. The idea is to show off the thing we do that aren't Fender-derived, or at least far enough removed from the big F to be unmistakably ours.

F-licensed headstocks are out.

Customer?  How about these:
CTVP224a.jpg

SN29449A.jpg

Of course, if it needs to be a customer guitar, you could send it to me and I'd gladly play it for a while.

So many great looking guitars! I've got a Warmoth LP and a Warmoth Tele, neither of which would work haha too bad my VIP isn't finished yet!

I hadn't thought about it .... but all my electric guitars are extremely fendery ... except for the one I'm building now ... also a VIP.

This is the general idea I'm going for.

I am looking for completed guitars, non-Fender.

Attachments

• Warmoth_Soloist_Ad_2021.png
    Warmoth_Soloist_Ad_2021.png
    656.3 KB · Views: 220
  • Warmoth_Double_Neck_Ad_2021.png
    Warmoth_Double_Neck_Ad_2021.png
    597.9 KB · Views: 219
I would imagine it also needs to be within you current offerings. This disqualification of a gen 2 VIP. So altered body and routes, but with solid carve top and dished control holes.

swarfrat said:
Customer?  How about these:
CTVP224a.jpg

SN29449A.jpg

Of course, if it needs to be a customer guitar, you could send it to me and I'd gladly play it for a while.

I am sure they will be sent to you once you place a paid order for them... :laughing7:

Thanks for thinking of my builds!

I did see this thread but for some reason only thought of my Teles which don't qualify. You're more than welcome to use 'Beast', which is the only one that really does (apart from my Soloist baritone 'Barracuda', but I wasn't really happy with that one).

PfOIkmp.jpg

I have some high-res, very nearly straight-on photos I could send over.

Don't forget that scimitar  guitar ... That was over the top ... I loved the control knob labels.  If it's a fender licensed neck I'd give it a pass it's so good.

rick2 said:
Don't forget that scimitar  guitar ... That was over the top ... I loved the control knob labels.  If it's a fender licensed neck I'd give it a pass it's so good.

Thanks rick - no danger of me forgetting the Scimitar 6, but it (body and neck) is a version of a Fender design (though 'design' might be a bit of a stretch given the history of how the originals came into being).

Apparently no stamp is required on the heel though, so Aaron, there is also this...

96EDsxt.jpg

I suspect it might be a bit 'left field' for Warmoth's purposes - outside the confines of this warm and friendly place it's pretty divisive - about 50/50. Could be fun for a love it or hate it type thing.

It's up to Aaron but personally I think the Route 66 Tele deviates enough from Fender offerings for consideration.

swarfrat said:
It's up to Aaron but personally I think the Route 66 Tele deviates enough from Fender offerings for consideration.

Thanks, but I definitely can't hold Warmoth responsible for the body on that one.

(It's the year, not the road!)

Back