Want your guitar to be famous?

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
I am doing a series of magazine ads this year that will feature full builds, and I'm looking people who have a guitar they would be willing to feature. No compensation, no nothing except the thrill of potentially seeing your guitar in the pages of Premier Guitar.

Specifically, I am looking for:
  • Both neck and body need to have been made from Warmoth parts. Even a body or neck blank qualifies.
  • No Strat or Tele-style bodies, unless there is something really unique or cool about it.
  • No Fender-trademarked headstocks.
  • The more interesting or "out there" the better.
  • You can supply a well-lit, print-quality photo, straight on from the front, that can be removed from the background.
Any takers?

It's a telecaster, but how about my green paisley tele? 

kashmir_web_full.jpg

or maybe this bass?

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_4081.jpg
    IMG_4081.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 628
The Aaron said:
I am doing a series of magazine ads this year that will feature full builds, and I'm looking people who have a guitar they would be willing to feature. No compensation, no nothing except the thrill of potentially seeing your guitar in the pages of Premier Guitar.

• Both neck and body need to have been made from Warmoth parts. Even a body or neck blank qualifies.
  • No Strat or Tele-style bodies, unless there is something really unique or cool about it.
  • You can supply a well-lit, print-quality photo, straight on from the front, that can be removed from the background.
Any takers?

OMG, this is very very cool.  Would love to get in on this.

Some questions if you don't mind.....

How long are you doing this for?  I'm building a Velocity body with Tiltback Strat neck with custom binding and inlay.  At least 1 month out until completion, but likely more.  Would love to get this guitar in, but I'm guessing it won't meet your timeline?

Is a Tiltback Strat headstock a Fender Trademarked headstock?

I've also done a Tele and Hybrid Tele, which I'm guessing is not "out there" enough for ya?

Mayfly, that bender T-style is freaking amazing, but I am trying really hard to avoid the Fender S/T aesthetic as much as possible....unless it's something clearly not ever done by Fender.

I plan to run this series of ads through 2021, unless some compelling reason to do something else comes up.

How about something completely different?  I started with a Warmoth body blank and paddle headstock.  Already have a bunch written up on it already with lots of pics along the way, etc.  I also have a green screen that I can shoot against.

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpg
    IMG_3800.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 664
  • IMGP1811.jpg
    IMGP1811.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 147
Let's see someone whip together a Rickenbacker from a body blank... With a 4+2 bannana headstock, compensated nut, zebra pickups.. did I leave out any lead magnets?

:laughing7:

swarfrat said:
Let's see someone whip together a Rickenbacker from a body blank... With a 4+2 bannana headstock, compensated nut, zebra pickups.. did I leave out any lead magnets?

:laughing7:
:laughing11:....of all the ugly guitars in the world, to me there is none uglier than a Ric....

DangerousR6 said:
:....of all the ugly guitars in the world, to me there is none uglier than a Ric....
Trudat. Nor more litigious

The Aaron said:

Any takers?

Awwwww. You had me right up until the 3rd bullet point. I suppose we musn't make the Fender Custom Shop nervous...

As far as an interesting story: I even had the artwork I created for my guitar stolen by the Royal Airforce Museum in England!

O8aYzCM.jpg

Whn3KTh.jpg

A-Z build thread: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12723.0

-ORCRiST

Sure I'll play along with couple unique designs that don't piss off Fender/Gibson:

oP9a22R.jpg

LHszfUh.jpg

7k7r5ys.jpg

nusuJAR.jpg

EkR3ts8.jpg

vq1DrOh.jpg

S4VhQQs.jpg

J9mY3UV.jpg

WcNuHEx.jpg

UYmBWfz.jpg

6z7LCzA.jpg

And if you guys hurry up rebuilding my neck I might even have time to complete this :p :
BxqbLXH.jpg

lalDqkH.jpg

6rXq4wP.jpg

Back