Walnut soloist: It Has Begun! pics on 1,2,4,5 and7

Wana_make_a_guitar

Whoo Hooo! From This:
SL134a.jpg

To this:
b9lio25ng0ip.jpg

To

(Picture will be inserted shortly when picture is taken from the silly camera who decided to freeze up when I wanted to take a picture, then uploaded)

Just about 30 minutes ago, my dad and I applied the first coat of tung oil. It looks amazing!  :hello2: I'm sooo pleased with it.

Nice piece! That walnut can be pretty bright sounding. It has a nice sting and good sustain. A mahogany neck and alnico II humbucker might work very well to compliment the walnut body. Good luck with the project!

Telenator said:
Nice piece! That walnut can be pretty bright sounding. It has a nice sting and good sustain. A mahogany neck and alnico II humbucker might work very well to compliment the walnut body. Good luck with the project!
All rosewood neck and SD JB humbucker, is what i'm getting.

Charge those batteries faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

JamesL said:
Charge those batteries faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:
Heres some more breaking news, I still gota get ready for and go to school yet! so you gotta wait 61/2 hours.

That combination of rosewood neck and walnut body stands the possibility of being very bright. The JB is quite heavy in the midrange so it should balance out OK. In fact, it may sound very good in hi-gain situations. It's going to be a real looker for sure!

Telenator said:
That combination of rosewood neck and walnut body stands the possibility of being very bright. The JB is quite heavy in the midrange so it should balance out OK. In fact, it may sound very good in hi-gain situations. It's going to be a real looker for sure!
Thats good, 'cause I plan to rock the hell out of it.

+1, thats going be a nice build!  :headbang:

BTW the first pic isn't working for me  :dontknow:

Blue313 said:
+1, thats going be a nice build!  :headbang:

BTW the first pic isn't working for me  :dontknow:
Nor me, i'll try again!
It doesn't want to work, so well have to make do with that and use your imagination. I can say that the grain really stands out more than i thought.

Very nice.. I was looking forward to see this, since my next project will be exactly the same: Walnut + Rosewood.. it will be a hollow strat body though.

good to see that the oil darkens the walnut quite a bit.. I wonder if it will get even darker over time..

Nice one!!! I really like the way the oil darkened it up, the rosewood neck is going to look fantabulous on this!  :rock-on:

Back