Walnut soloist: It Has Begun! pics on 1,2,4,5 and7

I am liking this way more than I thought I would, it really looks great Con-man. Really just the two trem springs though?

nathan a said:
I am liking this way more than I thought I would, it really looks great Con-man. Really just the two trem springs though?
No, I haven't set the thing up yet, they're just there to keep the floyd on. I'll have three on when it's together. I'm hoping this thing will be be finished next week.

nathan a said:
I've only 2 springs in my Cherry tele.... WTBD??? :dontknow:

This is looking very good Connor. Great work on the finishing. :icon_thumright:

Guess you'll be making some noise over Christmas? :headbang:

OzziePete said:
This is looking very good Connor. Great work on the finishing. :icon_thumright:

Guess you'll be making some noise over Christmas? :headbang:
Oh yeah. I'll go over to my neighbor's house, he has a Marshall MG half stack and it gets very loud.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That thing is no nonsense.  A Floyd, single humbucker, one vol., one tone, 24 frets, and a soloist body to access those frets.  Built for speed. 
With a thin, unfinished neck too.  :headbang1:

nice build dude, super slick.

i had to sand a humbucker ring down for my tele build (only had an LP style angled HB ring at the time), just remember to sand the BACK part instead of the top  :icon_thumright:

oh, and where abouts are you located in NSW? i'm down wollongong way, as is willyk. PM me if you don't want it here on the board

oh yeah, and rock that beast all night

So it's an all rosewood neck Wanna? Sorry if it's already posted, I couldn't find it in the thread though.

I'm in Sydney, how's the south coast going?

Oh, I might want to mention I burnt my right thumb on hot glue from a hot glue gun (apparently the key word was hot and the message was Do Not Touch :laughing3:), so it's hard to do anything without massive pain. This means i can't play guitar for a while. :sad:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Oh, I might want to mention I burnt my right thumb on hot glue from a hot glue gun (apparently the key word was hot and the message was Do Not Touch :laughing3:), so it's hard to do anything without massive pain. This means i can't play guitar for a while. :sad:

Have you been drinking any kind of australian's cachaça??  :laughing7:

-Sand down the humbucker ring
-Get new pots and wire to wire up the thing
-Drill screw holes for tuning keys and install them
-String up
-Set up
-Rock the hell out of it. 

Back