Vroom-Vroom Card

hannaugh said:
It sounds like learning karate.  Do they make you break boards with your hand?
That would be cool, because I can do that.

I also found out that I could break boards with my head at my cousins 18th Birthday.  :laughing7:

Max said:
Well, I got my license yesterday. After try 3 :p

Try 1: Messed up 3-point turn. I'd done one before ever.
Try 2: Missed a speed limit sign, and being a dangerous teenager, went 4mph too fast.
Try 3: Thought I'd failed when I went a bit crooked on the backing up. I'm good.

Saw a good friend of mine at the DMV. I knew she would be there, but out of the two people getting licenses, it was me and her.

So... time to terrorize the neighborhood.. NO, WAIT... THE HIGHWAYS.

Congrats Max, hope that you don't have too many hassles on the roads. One thing though: keep out of the way of heavy vehicles and buses, we usually eat new drivers for breakfast!

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I get mine in 2 years. I don't think our way of a getting license is anywhere near as easy as yours.

You test, if you pass you get a L plate, which means you can drive but only at 80 kmh and you Have to have an adult in the car with you.

You drive like that for 120 hours, you get your red P plates, then you can drive at 90 kmh (100 kmh on freeways). You don't have to have an adult int he car, but you are not allowed any passengers after 10pm. Not allowed to drive a V8 or high power/performance vehicle.

You drive on your red P's for a year, do a test, then get your Green P's, you can then drive 100kmh (110kmh on freeways). Same as above you don't have to have an adult int he car, but you are not allowed any passengers after 10pm. Not allowed to drive a V8 or high power/performance vehicle.

Drive on your green P's for a year, do a test, then get your full license. It sucks.

Wana_, if you think that's hard, try getting a heavy vehicle licence!

Getting behind the wheel of a bus for the first time was one of the most exhilarating yet terrifying experiences I think I have had.

Roads seem so narrow behind the wheel of a heavy vehicle.....and cars and motorcyclists so small  :evil4:

Must admit though, it's kinda cool sitting behind that big wheel driving people to work and driving across the Harbour Bridge regularly. Great view.

OzziePete said:
Wana_, if you think that's hard, try getting a heavy vehicle licence!

Getting behind the wheel of a bus for the first time was one of the most exhilarating yet terrifying experiences I think I have had.

Roads seem so narrow behind the wheel of a heavy vehicle.....and cars and motorcyclists so small  :evil4:

Must admit though, it's kinda cool sitting behind that big wheel driving people to work and driving across the Harbour Bridge regularly. Great view.
I've driven a water tank truck thingy before and a fire truck as well as a very large tractor. They're fun to drive, as slow as you may go.

That's how I feel when I drive my mom's ghetto van.  It's like driving one of those boats from The Jungle Cruise. 

In Ontario, Canada you need to first get what is called a G1 license. This entails a written exam on road signs, etc. With this license you can drive with an adult, on local roads, in daylight, no other passengers allowed, etc.

One year after this, you can apply for your G2 license. Once you get that you can drive by yourself, however, restrictions also apply, such as not being able to drive between midnight and 5 am, 0 blood alcohol level, etc.

One year after the G2, you can apply for the G license. This is essentially a highway test. If you pass that you get your G license.

Driving school is also recommended so that you don't pay insane insurance rates.

I passed on my first go.

I got my motorcycle license before I got my car license. Went to Sears Driving school, but I'd already been driving for a couple of years. It was funny as hell when I was taking my driving test at the driving school.  There was 4 of us in the car, 3 students and the teach. I was driving first, and she told me to head for Central Expressway (I75) going north to Plano, soon as I got to the on ramp I tromped it to the floor, scared the living shite outta everyone. The instructor looked at me like I was mad, I said "hey I ain't getting run over by these idiots"...Everyone else in the car was rolling in laughter, after of course they peeled themselves from the seats.... :icon_biggrin:

I scored a 95.... :headbang1:

BTW, congrats Max, be safe....... :icon_thumright:

I get mine in 2 years. I don't think our way of a getting license is anywhere near as easy as yours.

You test, if you pass you get a L plate, which means you can drive but only at 80 kmh and you Have to have an adult in the car with you.

You drive like that for 120 hours, you get your red P plates, then you can drive at 90 kmh (100 kmh on freeways). You don't have to have an adult int he car, but you are not allowed any passengers after 10pm. Not allowed to drive a V8 or high power/performance vehicle.

You drive on your red P's for a year, do a test, then get your Green P's, you can then drive 100kmh (110kmh on freeways). Same as above you don't have to have an adult int he car, but you are not allowed any passengers after 10pm. Not allowed to drive a V8 or high power/performance vehicle.

Drive on your green P's for a year, do a test, then get your full license. It sucks.

:icon_scratch: That sounds ridiculously complicated to me.

Congrats Max :icon_thumright:

line6man said:

:icon_scratch: That sounds ridiculously complicated to me.

Congrats Max :icon_thumright:
Sure does. Takes freaking ages too. My sister is still on the Green P's

I failed my first driving test on a technicality.  I had to make a left turn.  There was a pedestrian in the crosswalk.  I waited for him to be in front of the opposite lane as my target lane, then went ahead.  Apparently that is an automatic fail.  The second test two weeks later was easy.  :icon_biggrin:

Back