Vroom-Vroom Card

Mor Paul

Epic Member
Well, I got my license yesterday. After try 3 :p

Try 1: Messed up 3-point turn. I'd done one before ever.
Try 2: Missed a speed limit sign, and being a dangerous teenager, went 4mph too fast.
Try 3: Thought I'd failed when I went a bit crooked on the backing up. I'm good.

Saw a good friend of mine at the DMV. I knew she would be there, but out of the two people getting licenses, it was me and her.

So... time to terrorize the neighborhood.. NO, WAIT... THE HIGHWAYS.

I failed twice, too.

The first time was for stalling three times in a manual.

The second, was because I didn't go when the light turned green because there was a squirrel under my car.

Max said:
You're very safe.

Unless.... I need poutine. Now.

Funny you mentioned that - The chip truck near work just opened up for the summer.  So I had a cheeseburger with a side of (you guessed it) poutine! And I washed it down with mountain dew.  I'm feeling a little bloated right now...

Well done. 3 attempts isn't too bad although I passed first time despite a load of faults as the examiner liked my attitude towards other drivers.  :icon_biggrin:

UTSC said:
Congrats, welcome to a whole new world of problems  :laughing7:
Thanks. I got my dad's car an oil change, and on the way there, I was nearly hit by a car doing one of those surprise lane changes.

Wait until its 20 below degrees Celsius feeling like 0 Kelvin with the windchill and you're standing in a parking lot trying to decide if you want to scrape ice off of your windshield using your ZZ-top CD or your girlfriend's Usher CD.

Moral dilemma!

UTSC said:
Wait until its 20 below degrees Celsius feeling like 0 Kelvin with the windchill and you're standing in a parking lot trying to decide if you want to scrape ice off of your windshield using your ZZ-top CD or your girlfriend's Usher CD.

Moral dilemma!
Usher CD. If she cares, just put in the ZZ Top cd. She'll understand. Besides, any girlfriend of mine will have good tastes. The one I have had.. I borrowed 70 CDs from. The one that was almost my gf after that (same first name  :laughing7:) had good tastes too, but I decided to not go through with it.

So you got your card, but do you own a vroom-vroom?  That is the question.

Congrats though!  Oh yeah, and I vote for the Usher CD.

hannaugh said:
So you got your card, but do you own a vroom-vroom?  That is the question.

Congrats though!  Oh yeah, and I vote for the Usher CD.
I use my dad's Buick. It's what I'm used to. There's 4 vehicles here, so transportation isn't a problem.

I failed my first test. The thing is though, in Massachusetts the state troopers give the driving test. They are intimidating as all hell sitting next to you, and they are really really picky.

nathana said:
I failed my first test. The thing is though, in Massachusetts the state troopers give the driving test. They are intimidating as all hell sitting next to you, and they are really really picky.
So I should get one of them to intimidate you into adding me in google chat?

Grats Max!

I got lucky on mine.  It was snowing pretty hard and I was the last test.  I got to creep around at 15MPH and parallel park in an open spot.

I get mine in 2 years. I don't think our way of a getting license is anywhere near as easy as yours.

You test, if you pass you get a L plate, which means you can drive but only at 80 kmh and you Have to have an adult in the car with you.

You drive like that for 120 hours, you get your red P plates, then you can drive at 90 kmh (100 kmh on freeways). You don't have to have an adult int he car, but you are not allowed any passengers after 10pm. Not allowed to drive a V8 or high power/performance vehicle.

You drive on your red P's for a year, do a test, then get your Green P's, you can then drive 100kmh (110kmh on freeways). Same as above you don't have to have an adult int he car, but you are not allowed any passengers after 10pm. Not allowed to drive a V8 or high power/performance vehicle.

Drive on your green P's for a year, do a test, then get your full license. It sucks.

Wow that is harsh, over here (UK) it's just a single test, you've got the option of using P plates to show that you are a new driver however in my opinion anyone who does use p plates should have their licence revoked as they are clearly too stupid to be in control of a vehicle. This is because a large percentage of drivers will immediately start tailgating and generally drive in an aggressive manner around a car with p plates, of course that leads to the new driver making mistakes and losing all confidence in their driving abilities.  :doh:

Back