UW Blues Jam #1 - June 2010 - Final Mix

Cheers Steve_Karl I've got it now.
Sounds brilliant, if only we could all get together.. would be an awesome gig.

Everyone did a bangup job on this.
I feel exactly like Mullyman, I don't love listening to my own portion.
It's awesome that nobody sounds anything like the other and that all our styles fit together so nicely.

as for "You seemed to have stayed in one area and worked it all out and had fun with it." well, I listened to the sample once and figured out about four notes that were in key and then recorded it once.
I watched a documentary on Les Paul 30 minutes before then and that influenced me greatly. Blues isn't my style like I said and I was never taught which notes were what (i.e. if someone said to me play the A string, I wouldn't know which it was). Maybe in another 15 years I'll learn the names of the different notes.

AutoBat said:
It's awesome that nobody sounds anything like the other and that all our styles fit together so nicely.

as for "You seemed to have stayed in one area and worked it all out and had fun with it." well, I listened to the sample once and figured out about four notes that were in key and then recorded it once.
I watched a documentary on Les Paul 30 minutes before then and that influenced me greatly. Blues isn't my style like I said and I was never taught which notes were what (i.e. if someone said to me play the A string, I wouldn't know which it was). Maybe in another 15 years I'll learn the names of the different notes.

I envy your vigin mind !
Having that kind of freedom to just listen and play is a great joy.

Well done everyone involved and especially Mully for the idea in the first place.
I think the variety shows what a great instrument the guitar is.
Steve K's interested me the most but only because it was the furthest from what I might have played myself.
When's the next one?
:hello2:

djf67 said:
Well done everyone involved and especially Mully for the idea in the first place.
I think the variety shows what a great instrument the guitar is.
Steve K's interested me the most but only because it was the furthest from what I might have played myself.
When's the next one?
:hello2:

:guitarplayer2: I'm just tweaking the next one & it will be up in the next 48hrs at the latest.  :guitarplayer2:

GoDrex said:
Paul-less said:
If I ever get recording gear, I would love to join. GoDrex, I love your tone. It oozed "stank". I like that style of phrasing, so I really liked the solo.

Thanks I think - I'm not sure if stank is good or bad - usually if something stank everyone is clearing out of the room. :laughing7:

HAHA, in the blues, stank = goodness.

I will have to maybe find some way to record for the next jam, great job guys!  I must say Steve's jazzy approach was quite tasty.  :icon_thumright:

AutoBat said:

I actually meant that as a compliment. Hey, I'm like you when it comes to the fretboard. I know to play "this" "here" and that's about it. Someone will say something to me like "Play a Bm chord" and I'm like a deer in the headlights. They show me where it is and I'm like "Oh, that one". I know my chords, just don't know the names. I know the basics like E, A, D, G etc... but get past those and I only know the chord, not it's name. If you told me to play a C on the 4th string I'd actually have to start with the open string and work my way up each fret saying the names of the notes to myself.....and I always forget which ones don't have a sharp. hahahaha!!! All of my playing is by ear and by feel. I've actually been going to guitar school the past few months so I can learn this stuff.

Mine was played with my white Warmoth Strat, DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge position, Ernie Ball .010 strings. I recorded through a Line6 UX1 using Pod Farm. My base setting was the Van Halen "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" preset but I changed the Marshall head to a Soldano and cranked her up. Didn't mess with the dials at all.
MULLY
Steve, not harsh man......METAL!!! hehehe!!!

My black strat (okay, the only electric I own) was played with Fender Vintage Noiseless (old style) on the neck position, Elixer 0.09-0.42 strings. I recorded through AmpliTube 2 on the Clean RHCP setting out thru a mid 70's-early 80's Realistic preamp thru 70's Magnavox 15" speakers, mic'd with a $15 usb microphone back into my MacBook Pro.
It's tuned to Eb, but that isn't terribly important since I never played an open note in that recording.

Just for fun I read all the comments first, then listened trying to guess who did what, then jumped back and forth looking at the times and corresponding names.  Good stuff.  Sounds like the fun was in doing it. 

Panthur said:
For some reason I get a 'You are not authorized to view this page' message when I try to listen to the mp3. Tried two different browsers and same problem, shame cos I really wanna hear the finished thing.

These various "free" hosting services and online media players aren't always quite free of encumbrances that many anti-malware programs or conscientious operating systems are comfortable with. Rather than try to listen to it, right click on the link and choose "save target as", name it, and stash it someplace where you'll find it again. Then, open a local media player of some sort and play it that way. As an additional side benefit, you'll have your own copy if you want to hear it again, rather than have to search the forum to find it.

That was really fun to listen to, great work all.  May have to see if I can worm some of my bass into one of these sometime.... some day when I have actual free time heh.

Very nice ya'll, that is pretty awesome...It almost sounds as if ya'll are in the same room.... :headbang:

That was great, if there's something less bluesy in the future when I have my recording gear in place I'm definitely interested!

Back