Things that bug me. (incomplete)

I used to have this awesome shirt that said "I'm a Marxist".  It had the Marx Bros. on it.  I lost it though... so sad!  I think a former roommate stole it from me.

1. Work related. People who offer a $50 bill for a $1-90 fare on the bus. Do you guys know how long it takes to fidget around and get $48-10 in change out? (Some do that hoping you'll give them a  free ride - which can happen under Transport Regs if you cannot change the note.) *Note* Be careful trying this ruse though. Some bus drivers have good memories for faces and will give you 5, 10, 20 & 50 cent pieces for the change if they want to be nasty and there's nothing you can about it!  :evil4:

2. Work related. People who try this above ruse, get caught out by a good memory and then try to act like an innocent victim of some bus driver's prank when they get a sackful of 5, 10, 20 & 50 cent pieces totalling $48-10! ( But gee it's funny hearing them 'jingle jangle' down the aisle in front of everyone they've held up from getting to work on time for the second day in a row!  :laughing7:  :evil4: )

3. Work related. People who try to pay for a fare at a 'Pre Paid' bus stop - that has been Pre Paid for months now - and stand there and want to argue about having to get a ticket from a nearby shop. Pre Paid means: you have to buy a ticket from one of the authorised selling points (shops) BEFORE you try to board the bus. This usually happens only during peak hour periods or  Monday - Friday, 7 AM to 7PM, in the main City CBD stops.
I can appreciate people who are tourists or not aware of the restrictions, but to stand there and argue after it has been politely explained to them..... :tard:

My internet bugs me.

When it's raining, it stops.
If it's too cold, it stops.
If it's too hot, it stops.
If it's too dirty around the connection, it stops.
If I try and load too many pages at the same time, it stops.
It's too slow.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
My internet bugs me.

When it's raining, it stops.
If it's too cold, it stops.
If it's too hot, it stops.
If it's too dirty around the connection, it stops.
If I try and load too many pages at the same time, it stops.
It's too slow.

Welcome to the internet connections for most Australian households. (And people whinge that the Australian Federal Govt. wants to put a new broadband network in!) :help:

Has your internet connection always been like that, or have you got some problem with your PC?

I found when I upgraded to the latest Norton AV software that my PC went very slow. Some 'experts' at work (every workplace has a group of nerds to talk to about these sort of problems I'm sure) reckon it's a dying transformer, but then when I mentioned Norton they unanimously suggested I get rid of it and run another AV package that doesn't chew into the RAM and clog the processor down too much.

My PC, being a few years old, isn't handling the latest and greatest from Norton I'm afraid. My PC takes ages to boot and starting up a piece of software takes ages too. Once the software is up, it goes fast enough though.

Nah, our internet has been bad for a while. We have a crappy cable that has two breaks in it, one which is constantly going ape@$%^ which is next to the house (meaning you have to drag yourself out of the computer lair and into the open air to fix it). 

We are getting some fibre optic cable soon though which will fix that right up!

Political threads on a guitar forum that cannot handle political threads (especially when the forum rules clearly mark them as not OK).

Yea that aggravates the snot out of me as well, kboman. It is bad when a thread TURNS political. But some threads start out that way. Some folks need to RMPL.

Oh, another thing that bugs me...

Expensive sports cars (supersports and all) in handicapped parking spots.

Max said:
Oh, another thing that bugs me...

Expensive sports cars (supersports and all) in handicapped parking spots.

Like this? :D
My original caption for this picture was on the lines of "even the retards have money in Stockholm"...

Marching bands that play the Imperial March, Classic Rock songs, and Top 40 hits in the course of one football game.  Marching bands that play one or two in a game annoy me only slightly less.

Feel free to post in that site Line6Man posted. I made it :p
Oh, links at the top don't work. Don't worry about that.

I am twittering

I am sitting

I got up

I'm getting a snack

I can't find anything

Maybe a sandwich

Darn.. bread's moldy

nevermind, I guess no snack

I'm walking back to the chair

I sat down

I'm pulling up the footrest

I turned on the TV

I'm on the channel guide

Nothing's on.

Phone's ringing.

The perfect Twitter :p

Poutine is awesome. I don't care how unhealthy or gross-looking it is. And the sketchier the place serving it, the better it will be. Although I am a Quebecker, so maybe I'm biased (sorry Mayfly, but it's the official food of Québec, not Canada - we invented it, we claim it!).  :laughing7:

What bugs me? People who eat poutine with ketchup. Now that's disgusting!

That does sound gross. I tried making some poutine... Mozz. Cheese, brown gravy, and arby's  fries :p

And I don't think it would be good at all with ketchup

ErogenousJones said:
(sorry Mayfly, but it's the official food of Québec, not Canada - we invented it, we claim it!).   :laughing7:

A very good Acadian friend of mine says that the Acadians invented it...  :headbang:

Back