Ultra-Mega Super-Über Washed Black Dye LP

DustyCat said:
I am curious about these black barrel knobs.
Sweet guitar, how true is the pic to the actual guitar?

Thanks DustyCat. Those pics appear a little more yellow than the actual guitar due to the indoor lighting. It's been completely grey and foggy here for a solid week, so I haven't had a chance to get any good natural light photos yet. I did take one under some white photographer's lights, which is very true to how it actually looks in person. It's included below.

IMG_0585 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

Two things I'm noticing. One, this is the coolest color scheme I've yet to see on a Warmoth LP style guitar. And two, this is the best washed black dye finish I've seen so far. Rad.  :headbang:

Did you select a unique choice fretboard? Or did you just select the 'rosewood (dark)' option?

LushTone said:
Two things I'm noticing. One, this is the coolest color scheme I've yet to see on a Warmoth LP style guitar. And two, this is the best washed black dye finish I've seen so far. Rad. 

Did you select a unique choice fretboard? Or did you just select the 'rosewood (dark)' option?

Thanks, man! I just selected the dark rosewood option. I looked at the unique choice options, but nothing blew me away. So, I just asked in the notes section that they pick me out a "nice" piece. I'm very happy with their choice! Rosewood almost always looks good, though (in my opinion).

Jeez, that is a really, REALLY nice top! The color is different from the 62 frazillion other flame-tops out there, but still totally RIGHT for a, well, for whatever I'm s'posed to call that body now...
HOT STUFF!!

The more I see this thing the more I like it! Not even done yet and it might be my favorite on the forum  :icon_biggrin:

Ugh, I HATE trapezoid and block inlays. Honestly, I just don't really like inlay unless they're super customized and intricate, and then, I only like them in certain instances. I'm a picky b&#^&rd when it comes to guitars, which is why Warmoth has been perfect for me.

SlartiBartfast said:
Thanks, man! I just selected the dark rosewood option. I looked at the unique choice options, but nothing blew me away. So, I just asked in the notes section that they pick me out a "nice" piece. I'm very happy with their choice! Rosewood almost always looks good, though (in my opinion).

Oh ok, that makes sense. The piece they chose looks great! And opting out on the cliche trapezoid inlays really makes it unique!  :eek:ccasion14:

I agree. Especially the faux MOP that Warmoth uses. They don't look classy if they are fake! The real ones are pretty but are usually over the top.  :tard:

SlartiBartfast said:
I'm a picky b&#^&rd when it comes to guitars, which is why Warmoth has been....

I like the color already, but I could also go for a little bit of rust coloration around the edges like that new MXR octavia pedal. btw matching peghead veneer is pretty sweet too.

I still would like to know more about these black barrel knobs...

DustyCat said:
I still would like to know more about these black barrel knobs...

They're these: http://www.warmoth.com/Barrel-C827.aspx The black ones. PRS style.

Oh wow, I didn't see that latest pic. Dude, that color kicks all kinds of ass. If anything you should be glad that you don't have one that is the same color as half a kajillion other people out there. That is looking sweeeeeeetttt!!!
MULLY

COOL .....  :party07:

Looks great  :icon_thumright: 
Binding & pup rings look a good match up.

You just need to take that 'washed' out lens off your camera  :laughing7:

Those pic's, just aren't doing it the justice it deserves.

:dontknow:  Check your camera settings .... I've seen great pic's of other guitars of yours (use that camera)

I wanna see pic's like this .... When ya can.
8399179346_abcefbf5d3_c.jpg

Updown,,

The photo you mentioned was taken under professional photographer's lights, and the others were taken inside my house at night with only CFL bulbs as a light source. I live in Oregon, which is perpetually rainy all throughout the winter. Basically, that means I can't take this outside to get a shot of it in any kind of natural lighting. Don't worry: when I get it all wired up and set properly, I'll be sure to take some more glamour shots of her.  :icon_thumright:

Back