Ultra-Mega Super-Über Washed Black Dye LP

S

SlartiBartfast

Well, I've started some basic work on this beauty. I'll get straight to the pictures.  :)

_MG_2078 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2082 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2081 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2084 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_2085 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

A special thanks to Doug "DangerousR6" for the custom neckplate! It's the Czech coat of arms with my weird-ass Czech last name below it. I love how it turned out. If you've been thinking about ordering a custom neckplate, I can't recommend Doug enough! Thanks again, man!

Here are the specs again, in case you're interested:

LP/SC1 Body
Chambered Black Korina core (Clear Gloss finish)
Double-Laminate Flame Maple top (Washed Black Dye finish)
Countoured Heel
Fixed  Bridge (Chrome Tune-O-Matic/Chrome Stop Tailpiece)
7/8" Output Jack
Ivoroid Body Binding

LP/"Wings" headstock with matching peghead veneer
Construction: Warmoth Pro Angled
Shaft Wood: Mahogany (Satin Nitro finish)
Indian Rosewood (Dark) Fingerboard
1 11/16" Nut Width
Back Contour: Fatback
SS6150 Stainless Frets (22 Frets)
Sperzel Locking Tuners (Satin Nickel finish)
10-16" Compound Radius 
No Inlay, Side Dots Only
GraphTech Black TUSQ XL Nut
25-1/2" Scale 

Black Barrel knobs
Black Schaller straplocks
Cream mounting rings (we'll see how this looks)
Chrome pickups (Dimarzio Air Norton and Air Zone)

More pictures to come soon!

:redflag:  You also need a Dougie 'Truss Rod Cover' too ......  :icon_thumright:

You now what, That 1st pic looks great, the others + others your've posted seem to have something different in the lighting used.
Or camera settings etc.  :dontknow:
If that's how it looks in the flesh (like the 1st pic) ..... I'd keep it !!  :blob7:

That is what we call in the UK a Trans-Black.

Its actually quite nice on that guitar but of course this is a personal opinion. If you feel you dont like it and that you clearly asked for something different, you should ask for rectification. Warmoth staff have always been great with helping me out.

Xplorervoodoo said:
Dude, I love that.  It looks like my favorite pair of jeans!

You mean from the 80's right ???  You're not still wearing them are you  :icon_jokercolor:

pabloman said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
Dude, I love that.  It looks like my favorite pair of jeans!

You mean from the 80's right ???  You're not still wearing them are you  :icon_jokercolor:

Ha!  I meant the color, not the tiger striped pattern.  I like the 80's but not THAT much...  :eek:ccasion14:

I'm just now seeing the curly figure in the korina - that's pretty sweet.  Almost a shame that'll be the backside of this guitar, it looks good enough to front an axe on its own.

Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Peace

Bagman

WTF  :doh:  No hole from control cavity to pup rout.
Now it's going back.

Bummer  :sad:  I feel your pain.

Did you order one to be drilled  ?  :icon_jokercolor:

No hole from control cavity to pup rout.
Now it's going back.

Where did all this come from? I see no posting.... a 1/4" hole from an area that can't be seen to another area that can't be seen. Are you absolutely sure it has to be shipped to Washington (and back) for somebody to spend 30 seconds drilling a hole?  :(  I understand and greatly applaud caution, and people who can assess their own abilities, but do you know any old guys that make wood stuff? This would be a very hard hole to goof.

StubHead said:
No hole from control cavity to pup rout.
Now it's going back.

Where did all this come from? I see no posting.... a 1/4" hole from an area that can't be seen to another area that can't be seen. Are you absolutely sure it has to be shipped to Washington (and back) for somebody to spend 30 seconds drilling a hole?  :(  I understand and greatly applaud caution, and people who can assess their own abilities, but do you know any old guys that make wood stuff? This would be a very hard hole to goof.

I posted about this in the "Just Out of the Box" thread. Here's what the W had to say, "unfortunately it takes a 12 in long bit to get from the pickup to the cavity at the proper angle."

Fortunately for me, I live in the Pacific Northwest, so shipping only takes 1 day. Because of this, if I send it to Warmoth on Monday, they'll get it on Tuesday, and I'll have it back on Wednesday. MUCH easier than tracking someone down who has the proper tools. Plus, Warmoth is paying for the shipping both ways and for the parts/labor involved.

I'm really digging the finish now, even though it's not what I expected. Above all, I want to make sure the pickup cavity is properly routed, so I'm happy to have Warmoth do it for me at no cost.

Yeah, I didn't realize they were paying both ways. You could almost arrange to just drive there and back, if it's the same city - it really is a 30 second job.

StubHead said:
Yeah, I didn't realize they were paying both ways. You could almost arrange to just drive there and back, if it's the same city - it really is a 30 second job.

Unfortunately, it's about a 4-hour drive. It'll be fine, though. I'd rather have Warmoth take care of it so I know it'll be done right. Plus, shipping it to Warmoth is a lot more convenient for me since I just moved here two weeks ago and don't know who I can ask for help locally.

I am curious about these black barrel knobs.
Sweet guitar, how true is the pic to the actual guitar?

Back