Tuxedo Tele

Livingston

At last!  My patience has paid off, and I have what I consider to be a priceless guitar for about $1300.

Here are the specs:

Mahogany body
AAA Birdseye Maple neck (fat profile)
Ebony fretboard
Double body binding/neck binding
Neck/Mid: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails
Bridge: DiMarzio Chopper T
Sperzel Locking Tuners

Enough talk!  Here are the pics:

3072915033_bff0d7df14_b.jpg

3073745476_5c7bc2dc7c_b.jpg

3073741320_190b452bea_b.jpg

3072899231_a42c46dcef_b.jpg

3073720426_e3e715387e_b.jpg

3072877581_11c198bb06_b.jpg

Thanks to those who convinced me to keep working with the fat neck.  I don't even notice it feeling thick any more.

For anyone who's wondering, "rlo" is my initials  :icon_biggrin:

Wow did that come out great!  It's the perfect name for a Nashville Tele all dressed up.  Hows she sound?

pure class all the way - - that's a tough one to beat for sure. Looks like a well thought out plan that came together beautifully. :icon_thumright:

That is an awesome tele.    Bravo!    :icon_thumright:    If there ever was a case for a headstock binding option, this is it!   

That is a very very classy guitar.

I'd build one, but I think that I'd look to shabby when I played it  :icon_jokercolor:

That came out really well!
I wore a bow tie and dressy shirt to school today for no reason, but that guitar beats me in classiness.

Very nice, and ya, VERY classy.  How you liking the hot rails?  I'm thinking of one for my SG.

I'm going to comment without using the word classy, as the quota for that word has been met already.  I will say that double bound Teles are the shisnicky, and black double bounds might just be my new favorite!  Also I like the headstock as is.  For some reason I think a bound headstock would have detracted from the singular uniqueness of this particular Tele.  VERY nice Livingston.

Yes yes yes!  Very nice, and dare I say CLASSY?  :)  This is my favorite guitar ever that doesn't have fretboard markers (normally I like fretboard markers)!  It all just comes together perfectly... the black and white, with a little chrome and maple...  10/10!!  Bravo!  Encore!

:kewlpics:

Clever to chop-shop the Warmoth logo like that.  I'm kinda sunk, unless they change their name to DBWarmoth...  :icon_tongue:

About the binding - and I'm not saying anything bad about this guitar because it's top notch for sure - but the headstock binding would have been great on this. I don't care for how Warmoth does binding on tele and strat necks (I'm guessing it's these two types because it where I notice it). The binding goes past the nut and then just stops in the middle of nowhere. On my LP the binding stops right at the nut, and make a nice frame around the neck. Even still I can overlook that on this build because it all works so well.

Blue313 said:
Wow did that come out great!  It's the perfect name for a Nashville Tele all dressed up.  Hows she sound?

It sounds great!  It is a really loud guitar.  I'm used to playing a 57 RI LP Custom with burstbuckers (think this design might be inspired by that? :icon_tongue:), but the high output rails are amazing.  I've had it finished and set up for about two weeks now, and in a band/live situation, these pickups cut through way better without making me annoying-loud-guy.

As far as the headstock binding goes, I would definitely have gone for that option if it were available, but I think that the lightness of the maple offsetting the black has a similar effect. 

Thanks so much for all of the positive comments!  I'm so glad people seem to like this design as much as I do!  My poor LP has not gotten a lot of action since I finished this tele.  I made it to be a back-up for the LP, but that might go the other way.  I know everyone says this, but Warmoths really do play smooth!

Back