Tobacco Burst Black Korina Strat

S

SlartiBartfast

Well, my first build is complete. Here are the details:

Black Korina with a Black Korina laminate top (not chambered)
Dimarzio Area pickup set
Bridge: Wilkinson Tremolo
1/2" (12.70mm) Side Jack Hole
Tobacco Burst Finish on both front and back
25-1/2” scale
Warmoth Style angled headstock
Indian Rosewood shaft wood, left nice and raw
Macassar Ebony fingerboard
1 11/16" Nut Width with GraphTech Black TUSQ XL
Standard thin neck contour
Stainless steel 6105 frets
Schaller locking tuners
22 Frets 
10-16" compound radius
No inlay (side dots only)

...and here are the pictures. Please don't be too harsh about my choice of gold hardware.

_MG_9414 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_9418 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_9420 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_9426 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

_MG_9427 by Joe Vajgrt, on Flickr

:headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

Lovely great job  :icon_thumright:  .... I want  :icon_biggrin:

Those Area pups sing along  :icon_thumright:
Arhhhh ha ....  someone else like me, that doesn't have the normal placement of Vol knob ...
:kewlpics:

Bagman67 said:
Well done, Slartibartfast.  Handsome axe.

Agreed  :icon_thumright:

It would be cool to see it in natural light. I think that would really bring it to life visually.

Bagman67 said:

Thank you! I just got done playing this for the an hour straight, and man, do I love her. Now I just need to get better at guitar!  :laughing7:

Updown said:
:headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

Lovely great job  :icon_thumright:  .... I want  :icon_biggrin:

Those Area pups sing along  :icon_thumright:
Arhhhh ha ....  someone else like me, that doesn't have the normal placement of Vol knob ...
:kewlpics:

Thanks Updown! The Area pups are a ridiculously good value. My tech was freaking out about how much he loves my guitar, and he especially loved the pickups. He couldn't believe it when I told him how relatively cheap they are.

I was so pleased with the Areas that I went with Dimarzio again when ordering pups for my soon-to-be-delivered J-Bass.

Roland said:
Bagman67 said:

Agreed  :icon_thumright:

It would be cool to see it in natural light. I think that would really bring it to life visually.

Roland, I took this outside to photograph it, but I kept getting too much reflecting off the gloss finish. I'm going to try again sometime soon and will be sure to post better photos if I'm successful the second time around.

Ddbltrbl said:
Nice and tasty!! :icon_thumright:

Thanks!

noname said:
Well choosen :icon_thumright:. This one can fit all occasions.

Yeah, it's pretty versatile and covers all the sounds I'm looking to get out of it. It pairs very well with my Marshall 100W 2x12 JCM2000.

Shadowhand said:
Mmmmm. I don't have a strat. This makes me want one. :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks! I'm honestly not a fan of Fender Strats. I'm so glad Warmoth exists, allowing me to make my own version of one.

Love it. Like I said in your build post, this is really a marriage made in heaven  :guitarplayer2:

PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
Love it. Like I said in your build post, this is really a marriage made in heaven  :guitarplayer2:

Thanks, man. I love how they go together, too. If I hadn't been so damn busy with school lately, I wouldn't have tried my luck in the GOTM contest. Oh well. I'll try again next time.  :guitarplayer2:

I like the gold/black hardware on this one. Nice pickups and macassar board... :kewlpics:

Back