To cover or not to cover ? (Trem cover)

1jimbo

How many of you put a cover on the back of your Warmoth body ?  :sign13: I think about it from time to time but I guess I dont know why I should. I hate to put more holes in it. :sad:

I think it was first made to put the springs, but it's even more nice to have a good "fit" with the low parts... :)

Max said:
TroubledTreble said:
Go Naked!
AND leave the trem cover off

I think you should do one or the other, but not both.  I mean, seriously, think about it.  Accidents can happen, and those springs are taught!

Seriously though, I rarely look at the back of my guitar, and I think (but it may be all in my head) that it improves the tone slightly to leave it off.  I know it's slightly louder acoustically, by which I mean, not plugged into the amp.

Death by Uberschall said:
If it were recessed like the control cover I would install it. Sticking up just doesn't look right to me.

actually this is very true. the only guitar i've had a cover on had it recessed. it does look pretty wrong sticking up above the cavity of the guitar unfortunately  :-\

If it were recessed like the control cover I would install it. Sticking up just doesn't look right to me.

+1.

I've always thought it looked really really stupid when people had recessed control cavity covers with non-recessed trem covers.

Is that an option when ordering a W strat body?  I didn't see anything on their website...

I'd do it if I could mount it flush with the body...

CrackedPepper said:

Is that an option when ordering a W strat body?  I didn't see anything on their website...

I'd do it if I could mount it flush with the body...

IIRC, there was something about some guitar company trademarking recessed trem covers?

Warmoth might be afraid that the trem won't fit. I've seen that this could be the case with some tight fitting floyd rose trems that barely had enough room as it was without the cover imposing on it's personal space.

The first thing i did to my strat was take the cover off and store it away. They look so much cooler without.

I do feel that part of the mojo that lies with no cover does come from the screw holes being there, but maybe that's just me.

NLD09 said:
I do feel that part of the mojo that lies with no cover does come from the screw holes being there, but maybe that's just me.
+1

Back