time to completion for new neck

Indianrock

Hi, brand new here so excuse what is probably a very old question.  How long from billing to completion for a neck?  Warmoth just billed my credit card which I understand means they've started on my neck.  When ordered on 9/27 they gave me an estimate of 7-8 weeks.  Nothing fancy about this neck.

Style: Stratocaster®
Construction: Vintage Modern
Scale: 25-1/2 in.
Neck Wood:
$157.00 USD

* Shaft Wood: Maple
    * Fingerboard Wood: Maple (One Piece)
Orientation: Right Handed
+ $0.00
Nut Width: 1 11/16"
+ $0.00
Back Shape: Standard thin
+ $0.00
Radius: 10-16" compound
+ $0.00
# of Frets: 21
+ $0.00
Fret Size: SS6105 (Stainless)
+ $20.00
Tuner Ream: Sperzel (25/64")
+ $0.00
Inlays: Black Face Dots
+ $0.00
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL
+ $30.00
Mounting Holes: 3 Bolt
+ $15.00
Finish: Clear Satin Nitro
+ $75.00
Price: $297.00

Going to be a nice neck!
It's on the way to you or just about it... They bill it when it's ready...

Cool, thanks. It's going on a 74 Sunburst Strat.  I'm saving the original neck and pickups in case I sell it someday.

The finish is half or more of the wait time usually. It could be in the first stages of drying/curing and everything else might be done.

NonsenseTele said:
Going to be a nice neck!
It's on the way to you or just about it... They bill it when it's ready...

I've ordered a number of bodies and necks from them, and they always bill me immediately. First time they did that, I thought it was kind of unusual. Normally, you don't bill until you ship. But, for as long as it takes to ship some orders, they probably would have a ton of billing that wouldn't authorize because people would forget there's an $800 bill coming that hasn't been applied yet, and run their charge up to where there wouldn't be room left for the parts.

When I ordered the sales guy said my credit card would be dinged later on -- I think he said when they started on the neck.  Anyway making progress.  Can't wait after playing that old strat with worn frets for so long.

Back