Tiger’s Eye Dye on Quilted Maple?

GuitarMadCap

Tiger’s Eye Dye on Quilted Maple?

Has anyone ever gone with this combination? It looks fabulous to me in the graphic representation.

Also can someone recommend a good color for the back to go with this front? The core wood will be Swamp Ash.

I have a yellow dye that looks great over a Trans Brown back. With what you put for, trans brown would still look good.
For the back color there are 3 brown options:
1. Transparent Brown
2. Burst-over
3. Clean Line

I don’t think Clean Line is for me. Burst-over sounds good. What’s the difference with option 1?

For the back color there are 3 brown options:
1. Transparent Brown
2. Burst-over
3. Clean Line

I don’t think Clean Line is for me. Burst-over sounds good. What’s the difference with option 1?

Things I think:
  • …the difference is the amount that the back color is sprayed over the top to blend the burst with the top.
  • …the non-burst over will still have some that ends up over the top edge but not as much as the burst over option.
  • …you have to get burst over if you get natural masked edges, even if the back is clear.
I could be wrong on any and all of these, but this is how I understand it.

Things I think:
  • …the difference is the amount that the back color is sprayed over the top to blend the burst with the top.
  • …the non-burst over will still have some that ends up over the top edge but not as much as the burst over option.
  • …you have to get burst over if you get natural masked edges, even if the back is clear.
I could be wrong on any and all of these, but this is how I understand it.
Thanks for clarifying.

Back