Transparent turquoise over different woods?

Applefork

Please share your transparent turquoise builds! I’m especially curious to know if anyone has photos of it over roasted swamp ash since warmoth doesn’t have examples of that combo besides the builder simulator which makes it look green. The different types of wood seem to have an especially big effect on this color finish so it would be cool to see some different examples to help me decide. Thanks!

Are you doing the finish yourself? I did a wudtone transparent turquoise with sparkles with an extra top coat of tru oil and the alder came out closer to teal than blue. Remember you're dealing with a natural product so it's hard to predict how it will turn out. You can go over to the wudtone website for pics on the do it yourself side.

Are you doing the finish yourself? I did a wudtone transparent turquoise with sparkles with an extra top coat of tru oil and the alder came out closer to teal than blue. Remember you're dealing with a natural product so it's hard to predict how it will turn out. You can go over to the wudtone website for pics on the do it yourself side.
I have done some refinishing in the past but this time I’m probably going to just get the warmoth trans turquoise. I’ll check out wudtone too!

Here's some pics of how it came out. Also, with turquoise, sort of like hazel eyes, how it looks depends on the light.

That came out good. With Turquoise so much depends on the light. It's a curious color.

Back