the world as we know it is ending............

sundin4prez

.....................bestbuy selling fender guitars

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat166100050020&type=category

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I have no doubts that the sales staff at Best Buy will be every bit as knowlegable about the product as the staff at Guitar Center is.

RLW said:
I have no doubts that the sales staff at Best Buy will be every bit as knowlegable about the product as the staff at Guitar Center is.

Meaning, that they will know absolutely nothing about the product they are selling.  :laughing11:

Good thing I love my Warmoths more than any off the shelf Fender. This end of the world crisis doesnt concern me, cuz I'll just make my own!!!  :headbang:

What's with the 'tude... Best Buy is breaking into GC's market, and I'm happy about it.  Used to be there was only one place in town where I could try out some pedals and buy picks and cables.  Now there are two!  A coworker went to check out the new store and ended up buying a Gibson SG he found there... he said the drones were similar to GC but the manager was very friendly and knew his shit.  I checked it out myself... their selection is smallish but fairly nice, and they have a room with a bunch of amps where you can close the door and play, which is a big plus over GC.

RLW said:
I thought we were the only one's bemoaning this issue on the west coast :icon_scratch:, and don't forget their staff turnover,too! :help: :help:
I was going to buy a cheapy strat, and the sales guy could'nt find the whammy arm,after a 1/2 hour wait, I said don't bother.
Hmmm, 100 strats,all with no whammy arms and could'nt find me one with the right size threads! :doh:

Reminds me of an Am Strat I was shopping a few years ago in GC.  The nut was broken off from the bass side to the start of the A-string and the last tone pot had the shaft sheared off.  I asked the salesman what the discount was, and he quoted the sticker price with a completely straight face.  Worst part of it was...even after I broke down the repair costs, he didn't get it.  :doh:

I expect the sales staff in Best Buy to be on par with that.

Both GC and BB are about the same distance away from me  :tard:

In fact, they're practically across the street from each other.

Wasn't this discussed before?

Back