The Telecasket

That's super creepy, hahaha.

Also, what if they traveled internationally and customs thought it was drugs?  Nevermind the whole transporting human remains stuff. 

-Mark

:evil4: This is the coolest topic ever!  :evil4:

The blood stain idea totally works.
A freind of mine draws comic style...drawings, and he made a cool dragon for me that i covered in my blood, and yeah it turned an awesome scab brown. That was back in middle school and it kinda wore off, cause I didn't clear coat it. Put a proper clear acylic on it and it should look amazing!

Original idea of the post: Awesome! Telecasket! Great name!
Death tone cap: Awesome!

Save some bone for the nut! Total blood finish, Teeth as inlays. Bone Bobbins on the pups? What else can be done?

I like the blood stain idea, but don't think I have the stomach to take a knife to myself.  Vintage tint will have to do.  My hope is that before I die the guitar will get some good wear on it and look like it is been played for a lifetime. 

I like the idea of my descendants dragging around the remains of their eccentric great grandfather.  It fits my sense of humor and is a touch irreverent-- just like me.

David said:
I like the blood stain idea, but don't think I have the stomach to take a knife to myself. 

That's why the medical field uses needles. Knives went out of fashion.

Eeew...fingernail inlays!  :party07:

The whole Idea is pretty cool. Make sure to include it in your Will or Trust, so you pass with the peace of mind knowing you'll be in there.

As for the blood...no need to self inflict. Just keep a jar with you all the time in case you get hurt  :tard: Ha!
Stay safe, Dave. I wish you many, many years of music, friend.

:eek:ccasion14:

MUYFUE said:
As for the blood...no need to self inflict. Just keep a jar with you all the time in case you get hurt  :tard: Ha!
Why didn't you tell me this before my 3 hour nosebleed?

As creepy as it might be for some of the more exoteric guitarists, I completely understand how you could want to do something like that, Dave.

Tell you what, I'LL play the damn thing if I ever see it made.
I wish you only the best of health, though.

Man I don't know about fingernails and bone and all, that sounds kinda nasty.

Whereas with blood you just get some on there and clear coat it, preferably with poly. And you don't have to do a great job with the stain, either. If someone tells you it looks a little uneven or blotchy or something, just say, "yeah, that's cause it's real blood." Maybe it would seem less eccentric if you did this sort of project it while you were still alive Steve Vai style?

And it's not all that gross, guys. I mean we're talking about putting some of your blood onto a piece of wood and then finishing it. Not like you're supposed to drink it or something

This thread has gone to the dark side.  Finishing a guitar in blood is freaking creepy.  My friend's ex-boyfriend wrote her a letter in his blood... it was the deal breaker.

I wrote something obscene in my own blood on my draft registration card when I was 18, but only because I'd just split my hand open.  I'm curious about the context of this guy's note to your friend.

-Mark

She said the weirdest thing was that the letter was really boring.  It was like "We should go to the movies next week."

hannaugh said:
This thread has gone to the dark side.  Finishing a guitar in blood is freaking creepy.  My friend's ex-boyfriend wrote her a letter in his blood... it was the deal breaker.

hannaugh said:
She said the weirdest thing was that the letter was really boring.  It was like "We should go to the movies next week."

What?
Hematolagnia? Satanist? Mental Illness?
That's freaking creepy.

I wonder if Andres Serrano is doing guitar finishes? :blob7:
That certainly would be interesting...

line6man said:
I wonder if Andres Serrano is doing guitar finishes? :blob7:
That certainly would be interesting...

I believe the finish would be more of a yellowish tint.. "piss warmoth"

Back