The Telecasket

David

I talked about doing this a long time ago on this forum, but I finally put my money where my mouth is.  When I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes put into this guitar.  It is a tele thinline, but instead of the f-hole I had an opening on the back put in like it was a rear-routed left-handed guitar.  I am 41 years old and in good health to hopefully I have a lot years to play it before it becomes my final resting place.  I want people to play it after I die.  I hate for it to become some sacred relic that eveyone was afraid to touch.  Just shovel me in there after I kick off and rock on!

telecasket1.jpg

telecasket2.jpg

Here is the compartment for my earthly remains.
telecasket3.jpg

Is a plastic plate going to be sealed enough to hold ashes in? I feel like dust would be leaking out while you play. I'd say you'd probably need to glue it shut as well as use the screws.

Fixed.  Regular slashes, instead of backslashes like Microsoft.
David said:
I talked about doing this a long time ago on this forum, but I finally put my money where my mouth is.  When I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes put into this guitar.  It is a tele thinline, but instead of the f-hole I had an opening on the back put in like it was a rear-routed left-handed guitar.  I am 41 years old and in good health to hopefully I have a lot years to play it before it becomes my final resting place.  I want people to play it after I die.  I hate for it to become some sacred relic that eveyone was afraid to touch.  Just shovel me in there after I kick off and rock on!

telecasket1.jpg

telecasket2.jpg

telecasket3.jpg

Blue313 said:
Fixed.  Regular slashes, instead of backslashes like Microsoft.
David said:
I talked about doing this a long time ago on this forum, but I finally put my money where my mouth is.  When I die I want to be cremated and have my ashes put into this guitar.  It is a tele thinline, but instead of the f-hole I had an opening on the back put in like it was a rear-routed left-handed guitar.  I am 41 years old and in good health to hopefully I have a lot years to play it before it becomes my final resting place.  I want people to play it after I die.  I hate for it to become some sacred relic that eveyone was afraid to touch.  Just shovel me in there after I kick off and rock on!

telecasket1.jpg

telecasket2.jpg

telecasket3.jpg

Well, it is a good looking guitar  :icon_thumright:  But still not sure I'd like to play a guitar with someones ashes in it.....seems kinda twisted.  :dontknow:

Purdy sweet looking axe you got there to rest your bones in David....But where's the neck plate I made for it David....? :icon_scratch:

I am probably a little bit sick in the head, but it seemed better than being in a hole in the ground.  I figure it will have to be glued shut to keep me from leaking out.

Dangerous, I put the plate you made me on another guitar because I was too impatient to wait for this one.

David said:
I am probably a little bit sick in the head, but it seemed better than being in a hole in the ground.  I figure it will have to be glued shut to keep me from leaking out.

Dangerous, I put the plate you made me on another guitar because I was too impatient to wait for this one.
Cavity seems a bit small for ashes though, even though you're cremated there's still quite a big pile-o-ashes.... :dontknow:

I figured I wouldn't quite all fit.  I don't care what they do with the rest of me...

The ashes would/should go in a bag.  Instead, why don't you get your remains compressed and baked into a porcelain ceramic to make a cap for a tone pot on that guitar.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
The ashes would/should go in a bag.  Instead, why don't you get your remains compressed and baked into a porcelain ceramic to make a cap for a tone pot on that guitar.
Nice idea, call it the "Death Tone" cap...... :icon_thumright:

I think it's a great idea, guitar looks great too.

Better than my idea of my friends rolling me up in a zigzag and smoking me, mixed in with a bit of wacky stuff of course....Well it sounded good in the 70's

better than what happened with my great grandmother. when she died and was cremated my grandmother and dad went out on the boat (gulf of mexico) and decided to bury her at sea as she had wished. but they tried to use the little cardboard urn that they give you when you get the remains. my dad sets the thing in the water and pushes it out a little, but since it wasn't FULL of ashes (they scattered a few at my grandfather's grave) it wouldn't sink. basically after about 15 minutes of chasing it around the gulf in the boat, my dad finally forces it down with an oar. horrible, but i think my great grandmother would have absolutely loved it. the rest that they scattered at my grandfather's grave was stuffed into the vase holder haha awful, but like i said, i think she would have thought it was hilarious.

anyway, i think thats an awesome guitar and an awesome idea. as long as it's glued on i don't see the problem. i don't think strangers would be a big fan of playing... um... well, you... but family, absolutely. just think how funny it would be if 80 years down the road that thing shows up in a pawn shop somewhere and somebody opens the back trying to figure out what that cavity is...  :laughing11:

Back