The Telecasket

Alfang said:
I think it's a great idea, guitar looks great too.

Better than my idea of my friends rolling me up in a zigzag and smoking me, mixed in with a bit of wacky stuff of course....Well it sounded good in the 70's
Keef?

JaySwear said:
anyway, i think thats an awesome guitar and an awesome idea. as long as it's glued on i don't see the problem. i don't think strangers would be a big fan of playing... um... well, you... but family, absolutely. just think how funny it would be if 80 years down the road that thing shows up in a pawn shop somewhere and somebody opens the back trying to figure out what that cavity is...  :laughing11:

I like to imagine one of my grandkids playing it at a school recital.

I wrote a message inside the cavity so if someone ever finds it and opens it up they will know what they have found.  I am sure there will be some great stories that will stem from that guitar after I am dead and I really like that.

Oh, this would be crazy... an acrylic guitar, clear...
With my organs, fingers, and face squished.

Max said:
Oh, this would be crazy... an acrylic guitar, clear...
With my organs, fingers, and face squished.

A reliquary (also referred to as a shrine or by the French term chasse) is a container for relics. These may be the physical remains of saints, such as bones, pieces of clothing, or some object associated with saints or other religious figures. The authenticity of any given relic is often a matter of debate; for that reason, some churches require documentation of the relic's provenance.

A philatory is a transparent reliquary designed to contain and exhibit the bones and relics of saints. Another form of reliquary is called a monstrance. This style of reliquary has a viewing portal by which to view the relic contained inside.

Relics have long been important to both Hindus and Buddhists.[1][2][3] In these cultures, reliquaries are often preserved in stupas or temples, to which the faithful make pilgrimages in order to gain merit.

In Central West Africa, reliquaries used in the Bwete rituals contain objects considered magical, or the bones of ancestors, and are commonly constructed with a guardian figure attached to the reliquary.

I, in thery, could do this with the lano-caster

I don't know about ashes, but maybe when I go they could do a guitar stain with my blood, a la The Red Violin.

Tonar what would you charge for that?

jay4321 said:
I don't know about ashes, but maybe when I go they could do a guitar stain with my blood, a la The Red Violin.

Tonar what would you charge for that?

Ibanez JEM DNA, or whatever it was called??

Could mix the ashes with the paint or stain, or maybe some tiny bone fragments for a textured finish..... :eek:

line6man said:

I remember that, but I don't mean a few droplets of blood in the mix. I'm talking about filling up your brush and lathering that stuff on good. I'll be dead, no sense being stingy with it.

jay4321 said:
line6man said:

I remember that, but I don't mean a few droplets of blood in the mix. I'm talking about filling up your brush and lathering that stuff on good. I'll be dead, no sense being stingy with it.

Do you guys think it would soak into the wood and warp or something?

It would probably turn a nasty brown color too, not bright red.

Keyser Soze said:
Careful, you might wind up on eBay one day.  :eek:

Meh, I have seen more interesting items on eBay than that. A serial killers fingernails for instance.

Maybe have your fingernails pulled out and shaped into guitar picks?

jay4321 I loved that movie, that was a great movie, and I like where your going with that

I think the blood idea is interesting, but do you think it'd be possible to preserve it in some way to keep it from breaking down and decomposing over time? It is a biological substance, after all...

As for the original subject, I thought it was kinda creepy and weird at first, then I remembered I like creepy and weird. Now I think it's a good idea.  :icon_thumright:

Back