The pedals you can't live without

For vintage fender reverb sound I'm loving the new Vanamps Soul-Mate.

I also really like my JHS Charlie Brown OD.
    http://jhspedals.com/jhspedals/JHS_Charlie_Brown_Channel_Drive.html

Cagey said:
Mayfly by Mayfly said:
Ectually, I just had a custom road case ordered up for the ultra and pedalboard.  I'll report back once I get it home and bolt everything up.

I'll look forward to hearing about that. I'm interested in doing something similar, I think. Everything else is going on the block, except my mixer and the Super Champ XD.

ok HIJACK!

Here's my groovy ATA rated case for my AxeFX and matching controller board:

543363_10150765719487112_527102111_11517894_1591180466_n.jpg

The axeFx mounts to rack rails in the top of the space, and the controller plops on to the bottom drawer and is stuck there with velcro:

558875_10150765719582112_527102111_11517896_1099937366_n.jpg

Cables go on top of the controller then the drawer slides in:

532486_10150765719647112_527102111_11517897_403788904_n.jpg

looks good from the back as well:

532290_10150765719737112_527102111_11517899_1365717292_n.jpg

Then the sides go on and I have a little rolling thing to tote to gigs.  This and a guitar is my entire rig.

547721_10150765719867112_527102111_11517900_801023548_n.jpg

It's a bit heavy mind you - Although I did have it made from space age ATA approved space material rather than plywood.  Perhaps I'll cut some holes in the plywood shelf...

That is nice, Nice, NICE!

I'd be a little concerned about those wheels, though. They're so small that even on what appears to be a smooth surface, rolling that along is going to be like an accelerated life test for the electronics.

My Fender Champ 600 has no reverb, and I hate the overly cavernous reverb on my AC 15.  So I bought the TC Hall of Fame reverb and now I can't imagine life without it!  Another pedal I like is the EHX clean boost.  It's actually an overdrive pedal if used in a low-wattage tube amp like the champ 600.  It adds just the right amount of "stank".

Death by Uberschall said:
Analog Man Bi-Chorus
Timmy Boost/OD
Morley Bad Horsie II
Demeter Reverbulator
ISP G-String
Keeley Compressor
Phaser (home made)
Fulltone OCD
MXR Flanger
MXR Carbon Copy

I also Have a Demeter reverbulator, I can say it is the best addition to the sound city head I have ever bought. I also have a demeter fat over driveulator, which is also an incredible pedal. Right now they are the only two I am using but I would like to add a memory man to the mix.

big bob said:
I also Have a Demeter reverbulator, I can say it is the best addition to the sound city head I have ever bought. I also have a demeter fat over driveulator, which is also an incredible pedal. Right now they are the only two I am using but I would like to add a memory man to the mix.

Nothing like having real spring reverb tanks.  :eek:ccasion14:

Update! 

Musket Fuzz will go next to the Mad Professor and a Green Ringer clone will go to the left of that.  Musket fuzz should be on board by tomorrow!  :party07:
8414e9ad.jpg

The 2nd version of the Andy Timmons BB pedal is the greatest overdrive pedal ever made. It's EQed exactly how I would like a pedal to sound.    

BB_AT2011-700x700.jpg

fdesalvo said:
Update! 

Musket Fuzz will go next to the Mad Professor and a Green Ringer clone will go to the left of that.  Musket fuzz should be on board by tomorrow!  :party07:
8414e9ad.jpg

I can't wait!  :headbang1:

:guitarplayer2:

Def one of the nicest I've heard.

Doughboy said:
The 2nd version of the Andy Timmons BB pedal is the greatest overdrive pedal ever made. It's EQed exactly how I would like a pedal to sound.    

BB_AT2011-700x700.jpg

Bummed USPS didn't leave it at my door. I hope they are holding it at the post office.

BillyBoy said:
fdesalvo said:
Update! 

fdesalvo said:
Bummed USPS didn't leave it at my door. I hope they are holding it at the post office.

BillyBoy said:
fdesalvo said:
Update! 

Those guys took it home and are using it now! They love it!  :laughing3:

The Timmy and the Deep Blue play extremely well together!  The Deep Blue is the perfect lead/ambient delay.  But!  It does rhythm really well, too!  You might have noticed the DD20 to the left - it def won't replace that because I program repeats right on top of certain song's so I need it for that - otherwise, I'd have another 2 spots available.

The Timmy sounds remarkably close to a particular setting i had on the Tube Driver, but for some reason, I find it a little more juicy.  Tasty treats!

I never had the chance to play with the Musket.  I did test it after mounting and wiring it to the board by tapping the end of the 1/4 cable I had plugged into the input.  As noted in other reviews, unity on the volume is at like 3 or 4 o'clock on the volume dial; so you're going to be cranking it up!  I'm excited to get the rest of my rig over to my apt, so I can finally start rehearsing and writing during off rehearsal days.

Back