MY RIG - [Lots of pictures, and some videos]

The Norwegian Guy

The Guitars

_____________________________________________________________​

imag0177l.jpg

imag0173u.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Standard.
This is the first guitar I bought with my own money. I remember the day as it was yesterday.
This was my only guitar for three years, and I still get the same good feeling when I play it.
It has Burst Bucker Pro pickups, which by my standards sounds a bit too undefined, and they doesn't have soul.
I will replace them with BKP's one day.

imag0172z.jpg

Warmoth HSS Stratocaster
This guitar is amazing! Swamp Ash body with a killer Flame Maple top and Fireburst finish. Not to mention the natural masked binding.
3A Flame Maple neck w/Ebony fretboard, vintage tint gloss. It has a Boatneck profile, which is now my new favourite neck profile!
The humbucker is a Bare Knuckle Crawler, which sounds like a true singlecoil when splitted. The Singlecoils are Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk.
Wilkinson VS100 tremolo and Schaller mini locking tuners. I love this guitar!​

imag0174n.jpg

Warmoth HH Stratocaster
My first Warmoth guitar. When this thing finally came together, I knew that I'd never buy a guitar produced by another brand.
Alder body with a Candy Tangerine finish. The Candy Tangerine is truly amazing. It looks different every single time, and no one has ever managed to take a picture that actually shows how it looks.
Birdseye Maple neck w/Ebony fretboard. Seymour Duncan SH-2 in neck and SH-5 in bridge. The stupid thing about this guitar is that I put a Floyd Rose on it... I should've never done that. :sad1:
The guitar sounds amazing though​
!

imag0175d.jpg

Ernie Ball MusicMan Steve Morse Signature
My dad bought this guitar for himself after seeing Steve Morse with both Deep Purple and Steve Morse Band at the same weekend.
It's technically his guitar, but he is way too busy with work and our horses. It's sad, but he barely uses it :-\ He was such a great musician when he was my age!
This guitar has a long list of specs. Too long to mention.. Google it.. seriously  :laughing7:​

The Amplifier

imag0179edited1.jpg

imag0180o.jpg

Diezel Herbert
This is a german 180W head. It's a beast! I will never have the oppurtunity to reveal all the 180 watts that this brutal amplifier can deliver,
but it sounds amazing at low volume too, as long as I crank the preamp to 11  :icon_biggrin:
I got this in 2006, and I loved the fact that I had THE rawest high gain amp in the world. But as the years have passed by, I figured that a shiteeload of gain was more lame than it was cool,
so I got the BIAS adjusted for optimal cleans and I turned the gain down. A lot of people thinks that "modern" is the only word to descripe this amp. I'll proove them wrong. You can actually get crispy AC/DC, awesome Iron Maiden and beautiful jazzy tones out of this amp. It doesn't deal too good with blues and more vintage sounding music that puts a lots of weight on the particular vintage tone but it's still an awesome amp to me.

imag0183by.jpg

Bogner 2x12" Oversized w/Celestion Vintage 30's
Not much to say about this one. It's great for clean and slightly overdriven stuff, but when it comes to music that demands tightness - this cabinett doesn't do the job very well.
It's too wooly sounding.. Almost like someone took off the backplate and put a sheep in there... But it's all I have at the moment  :)

Floor and Rack

imag0182i.jpg

ProRack G Decimator
Simply a two channel noisgate. I run my Serial Loop through one of the channels and my guitar to amp through the other channel.

imag01851.jpg

This is my T-Rex Tonetrunk 68 with my pedals.

imag0188z.jpg

Electro-Harmonics Holy Grail
Reverb pedal I recently bought. It sounds great, and has three modes. Spring, Hall and Flerb (Flerb is reverb with modulation - almost as chorus)

T-Rex Twister 2
Chorus and Flanger. I just got it, so I havent really had the time to use it so much yet. My first impression was "wow, it sounds great" - Looking forward to test it out further.

T-Rex Replica
Everyone knows this delay pedal. I simply love it!

imag0189l.jpg

Pete Cornish G-2
Costed a small fortune, sounds like a big fortune  :icon_biggrin: I'm using this one when I want a more vintage sound. It's warm and cosy  :laughing7:

imag0191n.jpg

Voodo Lab Pedal Power 2 Pluss and Boss TU-2 Tuner
Everyone knows what they do, right?

imag0193b.jpg

Roland GFC-50
Midi controller for the amp.
Really easy setup.
A1,2,3,4,5 is rythm sounds and B1,2,3,4,5 is solo sounds.

A1 - Clean
A2 - Channel 2
A3 - Channel 2 + Mid-Cut
A4 - Channel 3
A5 - Channel 3 + Mid-Cut

B1 - Clean + Master Volume 2
B2 - Channel 2 + Master Volume 2
B3 - Channel 2 + Mid-Cut + Master Volume 2
B4 - Channel 3 + Master Volume 2
B5 - Mute

Some Videos

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8_-wSNM6c[/youtube]
This one features:
-Diezel Herbert, Bogner 2x12" Oversized and Decimator
-T-Rex Replica
-Warmoth HSS Strat, Gibson Les Paul and Warmoth HH Strat

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlzYxzLUp-g[/youtube]
This one features:
-Diezel Herbert, Bogner 2x12" Oversized and Decimator
-T-Rex Replica
-Gibson Les Paul and Warmoth HH Strat, Gibson ES335 (which I had to sell) and EBMM Steve Morse Signature
-Pete Cornish G-2 (used with the ES335)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVUagm6l99w&feature=related[/youtube]

That was pretty much it  :toothy11:

First reaction: :eek:

Second thought:  :headbang:

Afterthought:
That was pretty much it  :toothy11:

that, my friend, is a bit of an understatement.

Man I love your set up. I especially love that fireburst strat. I really so glad that got bought by someone on the forum haha. Great covers :icon_thumright:

I like the neat presentation  :icon_thumright:

Your cab is closed back dual ported, most people say it has a tight sound. Have you tried different speakers?
I'm suggesting a 4x12 next time you'll buy a cab. Nothing compares to the sound of a 4x12, it will do justice to Herbert which I know it's a versatile amp like all Diezels are.

I've been using the cornish alot more than before lately. I simply love it!

I used to think that my les paul was a beauty - but ever since I got my warmoths... the beauty of the les paul faded in my eyes... It still sounds killer though! :cool01:

I'm quite impressed about the whole setup!  Buckets of fun to be had for sure!  Great videos too! :guitarplayer2:

Back