The official blowout

I noticed that the "G" style necks are gone in neck builder. I hope that isn't permanent now that I finally was able to get a LP body.  :-\

The Man In Plaid said:
I noticed that the "G" style necks are gone in neck builder. I hope that isn't permanent now that I finally was able to get a LP body.  :-\

Sorry, but they are.  It was best to bite the bullet and pull everything G* related.

There are new designs in the works, but I don't have anything to show off yet.

Wyliee said:
The Man In Plaid said:

Sorry, but they are.  It was best to bite the bullet and pull everything G* related.

There are new designs in the works, but I don't have anything to show off yet.

Aww bummer. Understandable, but bummer.  :(

Fair enough, I await with anticipation for the new designs then! [Please tell me the f-bird is coming back.]

So all is lost regarding future G styles?
Is it a matter of G just no longer wanting W to make them or is it a matter of $$$ per unit sold?
Could a re-negotiation for rights possibly change G's mind? Maybe 10-15% more per item to G's benefit? I think a lot of builders would pay it (maybe not happy about it, but pay it, yes.)
I hope this never happens with F styles!

lkja8uatt33 said:
So all is lost regarding future G styles?
Is it a matter of G just no longer wanting W to make them or is it a matter of $$$ per unit sold?
Could a re-negotiation for rights possibly change G's mind? Maybe 10-15% more per item to G's benefit? I think a lot of builders would pay it (maybe not happy about it, but pay it, yes.)
I hope this never happens with F styles!

It seems that it was "G" that went after warmoth, hence dropping the styles [see thread]. Not sure of a licencing agreement but given recent events, I'm not hopeful.

That said, they are working on warmoth varients to G styles. Just have to sit back and see that they come up with.

My guess (and Warmoth is being understandably quiet about it) is that Warmoth was not paying G. a license fee at all, and G. leaned on them.  So all is lost, yes. 

Bagman's (speculative) synopsis:

The big guy bullied the little guy into submission, in part because Gibson does have real IP assets in play here, and in part because Warmoth was outperforming Gibson on quality and price -- which makes it hard to support the prices Gibson demands.  It's a lot cheaper to send cease-and-desist letters than to undertake a thoroughgoing analysis of one's entire manufacturing operation, and then to really commit to acting on one's findings to improve quality control.

Bagman

Cagey said:
Updown said:
Wing necks with Crushed Gold Binding and Inlays, last to go as well.
I feel sick every time I see those

I feel the same way. Can't imagine what they'd look right with.

What about pairing one of those necks with this body finished in copperhead??

lpc211a.jpg

Too over the top???

Will the '59 profile be gone as well?  Sorry if I sound a bit disgruntled, but I was thinking about another wing neck for the Les Paul that I have.  Now that is out...  Harumph.
Patrick

Updown said:
Can I put $100 bucks on. The 2 x Lemon Drop Metallic LP's being last out the door.

While many are gone, the Lemon Drops are currently there.  I dunno, I like looking at the lemon drops, but like a bright yellow shirt, I don't think I'd look good with one on me.

Wyliee said:

lpc211a.jpg

Too over the top???

Way over. The copperhead finish is gorgeous, and would mate well with the top and binding on that body, but the gold flake binding/inlays on those necks is just too gaudy and ostentatious to ever mate well with anything. I mean, you just look at it and the first thing that comes to mind is WTF? Maybe for a Las Vegas thing with Dolly Parton or Liberace, but past that? No way.

Just thinking out loud...

What about the gold inlay neck with a black LP body and gold hardware?

crash said:
Just thinking out loud...

What about the gold inlay neck with a black LP body and gold hardware?
It's the only way I can think of doing it, or possibly with a white body.

Yeah, it'd be cool to have the last one out the door, but I don't want to get stuck with a lemon

Wyliee said:
Cagey said:
Updown said:
Wing necks with Crushed Gold Binding and Inlays, last to go as well.
I feel sick every time I see those

I feel the same way. Can't imagine what they'd look right with.

lpc211a.jpg
Nice try Wyliee  :icon_biggrin:

But that's a big No from me.

Updown said:
Can I put $100 bucks on. The 2 x Lemon Drop Metallic LP's being last out the door.

Can I increase my above bet to $200  :icon_biggrin:

Down to 16 

Back