The official blowout

There's still quite a few necks, though. I wonder how long those will stick around...  :dontknow:

SlartiBartfast said:
There's still quite a few necks, though. I wonder how long those will stick around...  :dontknow:

Not long by the looks of things...... down to 3 F-Bird necks
That was fast !! :eek:

No kidding. There were a lot of those, and they're not really good for anything but Firebirds so I thought they'd hang around forever.

Cagey said:
There were a lot of those, and they're not really good for anything but Firebirds so I thought they'd hang around forever.
Yeah ... now we'll get to see all types of weird design guitars being made with those necks. 
ie: Toilet Seat with a F-Bird neck and a Floyd.  :doh:
Or
Someone has a lot of F-Bird bodies  :dontknow:

Cagey said:
No kidding. There were a lot of those, and they're not really good for anything but Firebirds

It'd work for a lefthanded starcaster.

If there had been one of the  maple/maple, blocked and bound, 24 3/4" necks with any profile thicker than Standard Thin, I would've snagged it for the Jazzmaster I've been planning.

All gone ..... done and dusted.
Now the waiting game begins for the new improved versions  :blob7:

Bring it on Warmoth  :headbang:

Updown said:
Cagey said:
There were a lot of those, and they're not really good for anything but Firebirds so I thought they'd hang around forever.
Yeah ... now we'll get to see all types of weird design guitars being made with those necks. 
ie: Toilet Seat with a F-Bird neck and a Floyd.  :doh:
Or
Someone has a lot of F-Bird bodies  :dontknow:

Honestly, though, does a Firebird neck look good even on a Firebird?  The headstock design has these points, and there's no points on the body of the guitar, which is all rounded.  It's like when people mix up serif and non-serif fonts in a document (which can be alright, if you just do it on headers, but if you do it in the body of the text it looks screwed up.)  I think the Firebird is one of those "that's the way it's been done, so that's how it's done" designs.

I've long wanted to put an F-Bird neck on a Split JM. There were a couple in stock that would have been perfect, but I just couldn't plunk down the cash for one. Alas! Now it seems they're gone forever. :sad:

Back