The 'Less' Paul

Thank you for the compliments!

The small-size body did present some 'challenges' in carving the 'waist' section, but otherwise it was pretty easy. I'd have preferred to do the step routs with a ball bearing rabbet bit, but, as Warner always says, "People in hell want ice water, too..."

I was just playing it tonight while watching TV. It's addictive. I am working on some sound clips, and will get to them soon.

I also changed out the bridge for one of these wraparounds from Stew Mac (see photo). I had originally intended to use that style and had 'upgraded' myself to the 510. Which is a great bridge, but I didn't really look at it closely enough to notice that the center of the studs was not the center of the saddles, so it was cranked all the way back on the posts and still wouldn't intonate (my fault, not the bridge). Luckily the new bridge dropped in (okay, with a hammer for the studs) and intonates much more closely. 

The guitar sounds (literally...?) 'sweeter,' for lack of a better term, with the new bridge (which also provides more mass in the bargain and more contact/mass with the body). It requires a light touch, because you can grip the strings sharp, so it's a good guitar for me to practice avoiding tendonitis.

As for the guitar being small/cute, I stand 6'4 (193cm) and weigh about 260. So it looks really small!

Though I must say it's nice to walk through doorways while playing without having to turn sideways...

My granddaughter would love it, shes 4 and plays a bit  :guitaristgif:

Great little guitar you have there.

Back