The 'Less' Paul

Looks nice.  You're gonna love playing an a-tuned instrument.  My olympia electric papoose is my travel git.  Never had a problem getting it on board a Cathay Pacific flight (if you ever fly them).

Fantastic!  I saw Jason and the Scorchers years ago at a free concert.  They put on one of the best shows I've seen, and then hung around after to talk to everyone; great bunch of guys.

Nothing new to report as it is hanging upside down letting the lacquer dry. Two weeks down, one to go.

Though my latest misadventure in wet-sanding makes me leery of touching this one.

Got the lacquer rubbed out, assembled it, and basically set up.

Some things you only learn afterwards. Like a 1.5 degree neck angle would have worked instead of 3.

Or that the bridge studs could have been 1.8" further back. But it intonates, so no harm no foul, I guess.

Still tweaking it, letting it settle. But it is hilariously fun to play. I have it tuned to G, so its basically a whole step flat, but the string tension at A is a little much with 11-52s!

whitebison66 said:
Or that the bridge studs could have been 1.8" further back. But it intonates, so no harm no foul, I guess.
1.8"  :eek:
How does that intonate? Please say you meant millimeters or something

1.8" - I don't get it either - is this some special experimental free-jazz Chinese music?  :eek: On most guitars, the bridge is the same distance from the 12th fret as the 12th fret is from the nut....

1/8", sorry!

I didn't notice the way that the 510 has a slight offset between the center of the saddle travel and the center of the bridge itself. 

What I like about this kind of guitar is that you can play them on their own, or with a group, it adds to the upper end.  You can track what the other guitarist is doing exactly, but the two you make a really full sound.  It really covers the sound spectrum.

I love this build.  I don't really know what else to say!  I just think it's the coolest thing...would be blast to play!

To quote Connor:
so_much_win_graphic.png

Stole the words 'nando!  Thats one nice little guitar, with a more unique kind of carve to it.

My friend has one of these:
46916_l.jpg

Tanglewood mini LP

and apart from the POS tuners, it's pretty cool.

Because of the compressed scale they are very rich in harmonics.  As before, I have similar electic papoose I resusitated, and will never sell.  It's my travel guitar.

It's so cute!  The pickups look like you mounted harmonicas in it because it's so small in comparison.  Sound clips!

lovely top, love the carve of the guitar, but I find it a HUGE shame that its so small :( I can only imagine how a 'full grown' LP would look like if you'd build it!

but nevertheless...  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Back