The JazzMashup

I can save you some time: Sears doesn't carry them.  I got a confused look and it took some explaining exactly what I wanted when I was looking for one a few years ago.

I have one now, just not from there.

Ok, subject change to wiring. As stated, I'm planning for basically telecaster wiring, pickups to 3-way, master volume and tone. The Kinmans have 3 leads coming out of them, hot+, hot-, and ground. In normal Gibson wiring with two volumes, I would go hot+ to the 1st lug on volume, and hot- & ground both to the back of the same pot. Going over to the 3-way switch first, what do I do with hot-? I've been scanning a bunch of different diagrams but I can't find this addressed directly.

Finally got some time. Body drilled, routed, etc. Did the wiring last night and snapped a quick photo before I closed her up. Now just giving the finish on the headstock a little cure time. If I get impatient I might be assembling this tomorrow night.

IMG_0800.jpg

A couple weeks late, but this baby is finished and I've already played it out a few times. Everything came out really well, and it sounds exactly how I hoped. This is officially my favorite guitar now - it's immediately comfortable, all the tones are useful, and I'm getting just what I wanted. The only problem is that now I want to build a tele. A few photos:

IMG_0821_2.jpg

IMG_0822_2.jpg

IMG_0823_2.jpg

IMG_0824_2.jpg

Slick setup. Looks like the neck inlays and logo match the color of your pickups and knobs. Nice touch!

Great Ape said:
That's beautiful! But.....HOW DID IT TURN WHITE?!?!

It's easy. Just click your heels together three times while saying "There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

Great Ape said:
I think it's a camera feature called 'auto sonic blue balance' - something like that anyway.

Yeah, nothing like fluorescent office lights to wash out the blue. The earlier photos from my kitchen table are much more accurate. Even the logo is a better match for the cream electronics that shows in these pics. What can I say, it's been busy so I shot some photos when I could.

Cagey said:
Great Ape said:

It's easy. Just click your heels together three times while saying "There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

The software engineer in me loves this!
:laughing3: :laughing3:

Back on topic: That came out really nicely. I really like the blue and the Pao Ferro. I've got a Strat brewing with the same color scheme so I'm super stoked that yours looks so good.

MikeW said:
I really like the blue and the Pao Ferro. I've got a Strat brewing with the same color scheme so I'm super stoked that yours looks so good.

Just a heads-up, not that it should affect your planning, but that's rosewood. The neck is quarter sawn rosewood with a rosewood board. I'm betting that Pau Ferro would look really good, though.

You need to practice choking up, turning in circles, stumbling around, falling over, all while mumbling "need tele... need tele... need tele..." If you're a GoT fan, picture the "Purple Wedding." If not, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifx0Fg_drBI
Just remember to bail about the 5:30 mark, you'll be fine. A guitar is just a guitar. But, a tele is a tele. :icon_thumright:

Back