The Breadwinner

Rick

Eastwood guitars is bringing them back.  I think warmoth could make some money off of them.  If they could bring it in for the price of a normal strat body, I'd buy one.  I know Tom Morello played one.  And I can remember them on the Brady Bunch.  Or maybe I'll buy one and put on 1 3/4 25.5 scale neck ... mmmmh    Anything's possible ...

http://www.gearwire.com/eastwood-breadwinner.html

Tempest

I played one of those a couple of months ago.  I hated it, played horribly and was very uncomfortable.  Could just be me though.

m4rk0

no, its a can opener.
there's an original one here at the local pawn shop for 600 dollars - I wonder if these things have any kind of collectors value.. ???

jackthehack

If you really want one of those it would make a good project to start from a Warmoth routed body blank; there will never be enough demand to add that style to the Warmoth catalog....

Rick

Actually, they do have some collector's value.  What's the name of the pawn shop?

m4rk0

Rick said:
Actually, they do have some collector's value.  What's the name of the pawn shop?

uhh no idea.. the one on k avenue ;) what would they be worth?

jackthehack

Marko said:
Rick said:

uhh no idea.. the one on k avenue ;) what would they be worth?

If I remember correctly, which I usually do, despite all the consumables ingested over the years, those went for $349 new (about the same price as a new Fender Telecaster at the time). I would estimate that they've held that value....

O

OzziePete

My guitar teacher when I was a lad, back in the 70s, had a Breadwinner.

He used to pull some nice country tones out of it.

I played Bill's Breadwinner a few times, sure beat my crapola Yamaha I had at the time in quality.

But I could never work out the electronics? (Mind you, I owned a Ricky 1997 for about 8 years and still hadn;t figured out what the 5th knob on the Ricky was for, by the time I sold it!  :icon_scratch: ) On Bill's Breadwinner, I only seemed to be able to dial up M-O-R sounds, nothing aggressive at all.

Rick

For a pristine model, over $1000, for a hacked apart modded piece, $400, with about $700 average.  Next time you pass the pawn shop, give me the name, and if I have friend in your town whose interested I'll send him in.  Thanks.