Tennessee Rose Gretsch-O-Caster Tele

RockStarNick

Hey guys,

Well, after seeing me build 4 of my own Warmoths, my dad, who also plays guitar, wanted to finally build one for himself.  After going back and forth on specs for a long time, he finally settled on the idea of a semi-hollow Tele, with the electronics and "vibe" of a Gretsch Tenessee Rose.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The specs are as follows:

NECK:
Quartersawn Maple. 59 Roundback. Ebony Fretboard. Pearl Inlays. Schaller M6 Mini Tuners.

BODY
Warmoth 72 Thinline Deluxe Tele. Double Bound in White. Translucent Red. Chevron bookmatched Mahogany top. Fender American Standard Hardtail Bridge.

ELECTRONICS
Set of GFS Retrotron Memphis Alnico II humbuckers. (wound really low to simulate the Gretsch Filtertron sound). CTS and Switchcraft components. authentic Gretsch knobs and switch tips.

Visually, the guitar is stunning. Very Gretsch like. The chevron'd matched mahogany top has a 3D quality to it, which is amazing. The finish work from Warmoth was, once again, impeccable. 

Sonically, the guitar made both of our jaws drop to the floor.  The acoustic like properties from the hollow body, combined with the alnico underwound pickups, give it an amazing, three dimensional chime that I've never heard before. Really, really unique. Absolutely beautiful tones through a Fender clean amp.  We're still in awe of the GFS pickups, and how they can sound THAT good, for under $80 for the set.

Anyway, without futher ado...

The Pierro Custom "Tennessee Rose" Gretsch-O-Caster

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

That is so cool! Loving that color scheme.
So many great tele-type axes on here lately!

Guys,

That's an amazing guitar!  I love it.

Is there anything a tele can't do or be? (sniff)  :icon_thumright:

That is a gorgeous guitar. I really love the finish, and the Gretsch accoutrements really appeal to my wannabe-rockabilly player side!

ErogenousJones said:
That is a gorgeous guitar. I really love the finish, and the Gretsch accoutrements really appeal to my wannabe-rockabilly player side!

Yeah... those knobs better look good... they were $14  A PIECE!!!!    :tard:

RockStarNick said:
ErogenousJones said:

What?!?! That's insane...

ErogenousJones said:
RockStarNick said:
ErogenousJones said:

What?!?! That's insane...

Good thing that you saved so much on the pickups...

It's nitpciking, but why the American Fender bridge? I don't see it fitting the rest of the vibe.

tfarny said:
It's nitpciking, but why the American Fender bridge? I don't see it fitting the rest of the vibe.

I know that most people hate on the American Standard bridges, but something about them appeals to me.  I guess I could have gone with a Gotoh hardtail, but I have 2 other "tele" guitars already that have the Am Standard bridge, so I figured, why not make the series match.

The pickups are GFS Retrotrons.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/meal2ritovij.html

Alnico II magnets, wound super low, to mimic gretsch filtertrons.  Super sweet, clear, chimey jangly sound.  I'd put them up against pickups costing 2-3 times as much, easy.

RockStarNick said:
tfarny said:

I know that most people hate on the American Standard bridges, but something about them appeals to me.  I guess I could have gone with a Gotoh hardtail, but I have 2 other "tele" guitars already that have the Am Standard bridge, so I figured, why not make the series match.

This is the reason TO get that TOM, but thats just cause I have a love for them:laughing7:

I love that color though, the binding really sets it off!

Back