Telecaster bridge dilemma

Hey Como Stai!?
I think the reason Gotoh wrote it the way they did is that in Japanese, it makes sense, and the translation to English was done by an intern who spoke "good enough" english .... Nothing more. Be confident that the bridge plate is not made of titanium.

Hey Como Stai!?
I think the reason Gotoh wrote it the way they did is that in Japanese, it makes sense, and the translation to English was done by an intern who spoke "good enough" english .... Nothing more. Be confident that the bridge plate is not made of titanium.
Bene, grazie!
Thanks Rick!

BTW it's "Come stai?".... "Como stai" is half spanish/half italian.... 😄

The problem is that Gotoh doesn't clearly states the plate material. Check the description of this bridge, where it says "Titanium construction...." that makes one think it's made of titanium. They ONLY state the saddles metal, brass OR titanium, depending on the model label startin with Bs or Ti.
Check:
Well my Gotoh Tele bridge plate is definitely not titanium.

Warmoth offers the American Standard Tele rout as an option, so that bridge would fit without a problem. As would any other bridge made for that configuration.

Mmmmmh
If I try to configure my Tele body, light swamp ash w/black korina top - solid - neck pu :CC - mid pu : CC - bridge pu : tele - the only choice I get for the hardtail bridge is vintage telecaster, nothing else.
But wait.... IF I don't choose any bridge pickup then the system shows the option of many other bridges, including the one you mention and then I can enter the bridge pickup. Not sure if it's a bug or just a convoluted choice process but, yes, I see the possibility now.

Thank you!

Mmmmmh
If I try to configure my Tele body, light swamp ash w/black korina top - solid - neck pu :CC - mid pu : CC - bridge pu : tele - the only choice I get for the hardtail bridge is vintage telecaster, nothing else.
But wait.... IF I don't choose any bridge pickup then the system shows the option of many other bridges, including the one you mention and then I can enter the bridge pickup. Not sure if it's a bug or just a convoluted choice process but, yes, I see the possibility now.

Thank you!

I just checked that. It looks like a bug in the builder to me. Probably the best thing to do would be to select the bridge choice, and add a note to the order for the bridge pickup rout.

@aarontunes FYI.

I just checked that. It looks like a bug in the builder to me. Probably the best thing to do would be to select the bridge choice, and add a note to the order for the bridge pickup rout.

@aarontunes FYI.
Yeah... the new website still has a few bugs around. This one is kind of serious though as you can't get past that vintage tele bridge only choice if you're not much of a tweaker.... will let Warmoth know.

Warmoth offers the American Standard Tele rout as an option, so that bridge would fit without a problem. As would any other bridge made for that configuration.

Interesting that the American Standard Tele route used to listed as an "option", however, am I correct in assuming that it is now a "custom option", which one will now be charged for?

Edited to add: Just saw aarontunes was pinged to see if the bridge assortment is correct

1718284679262.png

Last edited:
Interesting that the American Standard Tele route used to listed as an "option", however, am I correct in assuming that it is now a "custom option", which one will now be charged for?

No, that is not correct. It's a bug or omision in the builder. It is a standard offering, not a "custom option". See also the link I provided to Guitar Bridge Routs, all that are shown are standard except when listed at the bottom of the page as "Custom Bridge Routs".

@stratamania The 3-screw American Standard Tele bridge rout is intentionally omitted from the website. As far as I'm aware, we can still do it by request through customer service, but here's my understanding of why we removed it from the online builders:

1. We don't carry the hardware
2. The American Standard line is long discontinued
3. The only current Fender Teles that use a 3-hole Tele bridge seem to be the American Ultra series (and even that bridge has some tweaks)
4. The other current Fender Tele bridge with the word 'American' in the name is the American Professional, and that one is not compatible with either bridge rout (and it's not unimaginable that somebody might just assume the Am Pro is just the 'new version' of the Am Std and are thus mounting-wise the same)
5. Some customers found all this a bit confusing/frustrating

If an order came through for a body with the American rout but they added one of the Tele bridges we do carry, it was relatively easy to catch and reach out to the customer to correct. If they ordered the body and no hardware, we just had to kind of assume that they were getting a 3-hole bridge elsewhere, and more frequently than you might expect, that was not the case, with the end result being dissatisfaction, returns, remakes, etc.

Last edited:
Back