Tele with an identity crisis.

NonsenseTele said:
WOW WOW WOW!
Those are free birds for sure!
Have you asked 3A, 5A, 17A? :laughing7:

It's 3A.  I swore my next neck would be an exotic that didn't require a finish, but in this case I went with maple just for Butterscotch Tele vibe. 

Blue313 said:
I'm really enjoying the stealth factor on that.  I had the pic up on my screen when I left the room, and when I got back it looked like a classic Tele from a distance.   Those EMG's blend in well.  :headbang1:

They do blend in.  The matte black got the vote over a Tortoise Shell PG just for that reason.  However, the pickups are extremely high output (as you know), I could've mounted them under the PG and it would've worked too.  Between the look and the sound, this guitar should be a metaphorical Keith Richards arm wrestling Zakk Wylde.  The embarassing part, I don't currently have a tube amp.  It's next on the list.  Active pickups and an SS amp just ain't Kosher.

That glendale looks great on there man..

I was there when he bought it! haha..  seriously great build mate.. we all need to get together for beers soon!

Luke said:

I was there when he bought it! haha..  seriously great build mate.. we all need to get together for beers soon!
+1... :eek:ccasion14:

Wow that looks really good! I love the idea of the reverse tele pickup but doesnt that cause problems? I feel like someone talked about how it cause intonation problems or makes things too shrill or something of the sort.

No intonation problems with a pickup  :icon_thumright:

For shrillness, this SHOULD be warmer on the top strings, and a bit tighter on the bottom.

Nailed it Max. 

A guitar need not even have pickups to intonate.  Intonating a pickup?  Maybe you meant the bridge.  It is left-handed, but the saddles are compensated right-handed saddles.

Yeah I posted that and did one of these  :doh:. I felt really stupid about that one, but I thought that something was said about the sound of reversing a pickup that way. It looks really cool though! Im sure it will sound awesome. That pickup line up is heaven for me :icon_thumright:

Hælle måne! thats awesome, a really cool blend of old and new. That neck is crazy. Great project!!

DangerousR6 said:
Luke said:

+1... :eek:ccasion14:
+1

I'm down.  We could bring our Warmoths for a play date.  They haven't seen each other since the factory.

Thats true.. So who do we have.. You, Marko, Doug, Crimethink, and Me? is that it for the north texas crowd?

Luke said:
Thats true.. So who do we have.. You, Marko, Doug, Crimethink, and Me? is that it for the north texas crowd?
Pretty sure that's it, can't think of any others here in N. Texas... :dontknow:

Back