tele thinline bass

blitzwit

Here's my new project!  All that's left is to set the nut and string her up and do the initial setup.  I can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like!

Swamp Ash Tele bass body
Maple 70's style jazz neck with block inlays
Schaller tuning machines
Hipshot transtone brass bridge
Seymour Duncan Basslines Ceramic MM style pickup
1973 vintage Tele Bass pickup
Seymour Duncan Tone Circuit

Controls are Volume, Bass and highs on a concentric pot, mids, and a blend pot for the two pickups.

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

got me a Schecter lefty one of these, in cherry. btw

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_i7EOCYHSDIg/SCPs-wCt1XI/AAAAAAAAASk/6JrMcLj22nU/Schecter+Baron+H+2.jpg

And what's the story on that neck pup? Where did you find it? and how long have you had it?

and your pics are a disgrace, post better ones please . . . cool bass, uber cool, imo. :headbang1:

i'll post better pics as soon as it's all strung up (i promise!), thanks for the props.  I found the pup on ebay, a steal at $150.  the guitar versions of those guys typically go for $350.  they don't make them anymore because the magnetic pole pieces they used are too expensive to manufacture these days (CuNiFe). 

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Very funky, isn't it?  :icon_biggrin:
I like the way it is, not "perfectly beautifull", it's more raw, wild!

Ahh Just looked - I knew they did tele basses but I didn't know they did thinline with the f-hole and pickguard the tele deluxe pick guard. Very cool

Interesting mix of pickups, good project.

BTW, that is one mutha of a bridge you have on it, must sustain for days. :eek:

the pick guard is a custom one I designed myself.  I patterned it loosely after the tele deluxe guitar pick guard.  that bridge is giving me issues, though.  I am having to modify it so that it will intonate correctly.  in an attempt to be able to use string through or through saddle, hipshot really did not leave enough play in the saddle adjustment for proper setup. I already drilled the holes for the bridge so I'm stuck with modifying it or getting a new bridge big enough to cover the holes drilled for the old one.  i'm having to redrill the anchor point for one of the adjustment screws on the bridge itself.  but hey, if there isn't any effort involved, it's not really worth it right?  heh.

here it is in the final form.  i had to modify the bridge so that it would intonate correctly, but it sounds great now! 

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Back