Tele Special (Tonarcaster)

The guitar...Wow. Nice photos. What a great dog too. Trained well enough to sit carefully on a chair and not (presumably) knock over the guitar...profile shot...feel it...now pout...good dog, really good dog. But seriously the guitar is fantastic.

whoa! how did I miss this?? This guitar is classy as hell, and the un-filled grain of the finish looks smashing

That tele turned out great Max really inpressed with kens bridge p/up (p90 T) :icon_thumright:.

I don't know how it took me this long to see this thread, but this thing turned out incredibly well! Congratulations on coming up with such a unique concept and executing it flawlessly.  :headbang:

Wow, that is a beauty!
I really like that finish no matter how difficult it was for Tonar :D
Classy and vintage, but still modern in a way, great choices all along!

Hey Max, does your guitar have a name? It's too cool to not have a name.

I have a couple of questions:

1) How do you like that case? They seem like they could be a good bang-for-the-buck option.

2) Do you think there's room to use a speed knob for the volume with that Rutters plate? I'm going with the same plate on my Tele and I love speed knobs, but I'm not sure from looking if there's enough clearance when the switch is on the bridge setting.

It doesn't have a name, actually.

I like the case. Seems sturdy enough, and it looks good. Bang for the buck? It was over $100 :p I got it mostly because it matched the look for the guitar.
I can check the speed knob when I get home.

Mojo Diablo.....to reflect both the player and the painter..... :headbang:

I think it turned out awesome. Patience has payed off!
I keep trying to message Tonar, but it's not coming up in my messages anywhere and I don't know wether or not it's going through. Help?

Tonar8353 said:
5. At this point it is a good idea to play a guitar through the loudest amp you can get your hands on, turn it up to 12 and take out your frustrations swearing never to grain fill a piece of mahogany again.

Hehe! I'm with you on that one. Stuff takes forever to fill. I'll not be doing it again, either.

Cagey said:
Tonar8353 said:
5. At this point it is a good idea to play a guitar through the loudest amp you can get your hands on, turn it up to 12 and take out your frustrations swearing never to grain fill a piece of mahogany again.

Hehe! I'm with you on that one. Stuff takes forever to fill. I'll not be doing it again, either.

Is ash easier?

Tonar8353 said:
Is ash easier?

Not really.

Alien-Ash.jpg

Back