Tele Red & Black Attack!!

agree. Every black part on the guitar has Chrome on it. It will make a nice balance in looks. I'm going up against some tough competition so I'll be taking some pictures tomorrow!! Fingers Crossed!!

There is always tough competition. Looking forward to seeing it with the temporary knobs.

These are the pics I chose. I think I have a new addiction!!

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks!! I think it's a great even balance of black, red, and chrome on each piece of hardware, which is why I got the logo done in a 'reflective' type finish.
Knobs were a simple aesthetic addition for the contest. I don't think my custom eye with red iris ones would go over too well lol!!!
I'll be sure to post those pics once completed. I'm looking into getting a matching Lace neck pickup, as the SD Stack cannot compete with the humbucker in terms of volume.
Most of the thanks should go to Warmoth for such an outstanding product!! I've turned so many customers on to them, I kick myself in the butt for this being my first build!!

The black hardware and roasted maple are perfect for this body.  Looks super professional to me.

You should definitely enter this in GOM.

New knobs came in. They seem to fit my Gibson Les Paul more than the Tele. I think I'll stick with the hardware I got. I'll need to change out the neck pickup to a matching Lace Sensor. You can't even hear it when both pickups are selected. That Bridge Pickup is HOT!!!

Attachments

• Matching Knobws.jpg
    Matching Knobws.jpg
    907.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Eye Knobs.jpg
    Eye Knobs.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Well, it will change the look but it's the sound that is lacking. The neck pickup just cannot compete with that Lace Alumitone. I've always loved the look of a nice shiny slim neck pickup on the tele, but it must go.
I purchased a matching Lace Alumitone and will assemble it next week.

Now, the question: Can I still enter my old pictures in future GOTM contests? Not old and then new, as they are the same guitar. If I prefer the look of the chrome in the neck (which I currently do... pending) I'd still like to enter my professionally done photos.

I'll let you guys know how it sounds, and should put the neck pickup on Reverb.

Attachments

• lace.jpg
    lace.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 7
Going to install this week hopefully. I think the chrome neck pickup looks better, especially for a tele. Function over form I guess.

Attachments

• 20201020_065002.jpg
    20201020_065002.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 4
Back