Tele Red & Black Attack!!

The Deacon

Good day builders!! My body and/or neck arrives this Monday, the 27th. Pictured below is the ordered Warmoth parts as well as the finished rendering (minus a custom carbonita pick guard.
First Timer here!! More progression pics to come!!

Kluson Tuners
Double Stack SD neck
Deathbucker Custom Bridge
Babicz Bridge
Kalium Strings

Attachments

• Showcase Body.jpg
    Showcase Body.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Showcase Neck.jpg
    Showcase Neck.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 23
  • Tele Rendering.jpg
    Tele Rendering.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 50
Welcome and good luck on the project. That should look very nice when it's done. Don't hesitate to ask questions if need be, plenty of skilled people here who like to help.    :icon_thumright: 

Welcome to the forum.

This promises to be a good project. Looking forward to photos along the way.

ragamuffin said:
Love it! What color is the pickguard going to be?

kind of a modified, flat bottom, Carbonita style as pictured, but red and black.
I don't want to take away from the beautiful flame but I also think perhaps some contrast is in order? perhaps a black pickguard?

also, how long do we keep on having to answer the questions at the bottom before we post??

Attachments

• Nice Half Pickguard.jpg
    Nice Half Pickguard.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4
  • pick guard.jpg
    pick guard.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3
The Deacon said:
also, how long do we keep on having to answer the questions at the bottom before we post??
I don't remember exactly but it's something like 10 posts. Just long enough to tell you're a real person.

The Deacon said:
ragamuffin said:
Love it! What color is the pickguard going to be?

kind of a modified, flat bottom, Carbonita style as pictured, but red and black.
I don't want to take away from the beautiful flame but I also think perhaps some contrast is in order? perhaps a black pickguard?

Beautiful!  I think a black pickguard would set it off nicely.  The white pearloid is a bit of a jarring distraction to me and overpowers the black grain/flame effect.

I'll probably post a poll about it, but agree that white is like a deer in the headlights look. The tuners  and control plate, as well as neck pickup will be chrome/nickel look because I kind of want to keep some aspects of the original tele look. To me, the neck pickup should never be changed. I thought of roughing up the control plate, but until the body gets here I'm not doing anything of course.
The bridge is dark black and the bridge pickup is red/black to keep the main body portion color correct.

Attachments

• Deathbucker.jpg
    Deathbucker.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
The Deacon said:
also, how do you submit a finished guitar for GOM?
Thanks in advance!!

There will be a thread published each month with details of how to do that. It usually alternates between owner finished versus Warmoth or professionally finished.

Here is a link to last months. When you email your entry GOM will update the thread until the date of submission ends. Then a voting thread is published.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=32059.0

Awesome combo! I had my eye on that body for a while and can’t wait to see your pics!

In my experience all of my bodies appeared darker than Warmoth pics, so if possible take some pics outdoors. The natural light makes a big difference.

Will try!! the weather all week is crappy. I agree natural light does it. I got this because it was a bit "brighter". The neck wan't my first choice, but got a good deal on it as it has a "Ding" in the headstock.
Pickup should be here today and the rest tomorrow!! Is it just me, or does everyone loose sleep over the anticipation?? lol
Gonna dress her up real nice with some Silver Solder. Got a break out the good stuff!!

Attachments

• 20200727_113152.jpg
    20200727_113152.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Getting the wiring schematic ready. Please let me know if you see something off. The color wires on the pickups are correct, the ones going to the pots match the caps to limit my confusion!

Attachments

• Schematic Tabitha Tele.jpg
    Schematic Tabitha Tele.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3
First fitting issue right out of the box!!
Personally, I prefer to have my glitches and hangups in the very beginning!!

This is the Billy Gibbons Babicz humbucker bridge, which is apparently a one-off with different holes.

Attachments

• 20200728_172435.jpg
    20200728_172435.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 13
laying it out and liking it!! The pickguard will be cut and then I'll decide whether it goes on or not, or perhaps go with a solid black one or something

Attachments

• 20200728_175549.jpg
    20200728_175549.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200728_175030.jpg
    20200728_175030.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 13
The Deacon said:
This is the Billy Gibbons Babicz humbucker bridge, which is apparently a one-off with different holes.

I have wondered for a while about the fitting/dimensions of this bridge. Can you capture some photos and dimensions etc when you have the saddles off for reference?

The Deacon said:
laying it out and liking it!! The pickguard will be cut and then I'll decide whether it goes on or not, or perhaps go with a solid black one or something
The color is a good match but the pearl texture conflicts with the top grain. I think your solid black idea may look better by accenting the top.

[/quote]

I have wondered for a while about the fitting/dimensions of this bridge. Can you capture some photos and dimensions etc when you have the saddles off for reference?
[/quote]
The only holes that match up is for the strings to fit through the body. There are even mounting holes on all 4 corners of the bridge. It's sad all of this is for swapping from single to humbucking pickup.
I'm taking it to my Local luthier.

Attachments

• Babicz Bridge Humbucker.jpg
    Babicz Bridge Humbucker.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 4
Back