tele bridge pup in strat body

tfarny

Master Member
I'm thinking about maybe sticking a telecaster bridge pup into my goldie strat. I've had about three strat bridge pups in there and not gotten any sounds I liked. I've also done the baseplate thing and not noticed any difference at all.
I'm not concerned about doing the extra routing, but I'm wondering if I'll need to mess with the pickguard much (obviously the mounting screws go in diff. spots). Anyone done this?

I'm not sure how much you'll need to mess with the pickguard, but RG makes the Stelly; a strat pup made to sound like a tele bridge.

You'll have, because the tele bridge pickups is bigger than the strat... I've a picture on "Make Your Own Electric Guitar" book, but no scanner...  :sad1:

Schecter-VS-Strelle.JPG

There's one guitar for comparison. Top is a strat-sized, and bridge tele sized.

Just to add, if I ever build a strat, it will have Bare Knuckle Piledrivers (tele) in the bridge, AFAIK Tim would custom would into Strat size... if not, I would mess the pickguard :laughing7:

It's not difficult to do it. Either you or a tech will rout the body and you will order a new pickguard or modify your existing one. Pickguards are not expensive so in order to look neat it would be better to order a new one.

If you happen to own a copy Steely Dan's "Live in America," in the liner notes, there's a pick of a guy playing a lefty Strat with Tele pickup in the bridge.

Max said:

Kind of burying the lead there.  The Glendale three-saddle Strat hardtail replacement bridge with Aluminum E-A saddle is worth a mention I think.  Anyone seen the Glendale "Chimemaster" three-saddle, six-screw Strat trem?

They make some neat stuff.  I've met Dale Turner before (the "Dale" in Glendale), and like a dolt, I didn't know what he did until a few days later when somebody told me.  He would have had the beatdown of all beatdowns of stupid questions from me had I known.  Kinda like the time I met Zakk Wylde.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
They make some neat stuff.  I've met Dale Turner before (the "Dale" in Glendale), and like a dolt, I didn't know what he did until a few days later when somebody told me.  He would have had the beatdown of all beatdowns of stupid questions from me had I known.  Kinda like the time I met Zakk Wylde.
One of my friends met Ozzy Osbourne. But he knew who that was.

Back