TeBowie

"This video contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. " :dontknow:

Someone tell me who Tim Tebow is. I keep hearing about him, but have no idea what he does, other than being a football player that prays or something.

line6man said:
Someone tell me who Tim Tebow is. I keep hearing about him, but have no idea what he does, other than being a football player that prays or something.
He's an overrated rookie quarterback, whom has been the butt of many jokes...

there is a big protest online today about such stuff. I have to gove it to the free speachers, but copywrite is how guys make their money
such as the thread with the questionable body we have currently going, Imagine if warmoth could not protect their copywrite?

guess some stuff we need to accept.

Jusatele said:
there is a big protest online today about such stuff. I have to gove it to the free speachers, but copywrite is how guys make their money
such as the thread with the questionable body we have currently going, Imagine if warmoth could not protect their copywrite?

guess some stuff we need to accept.

I believe the body you are refering to also had to stop being produced by Warmoth due to copywrite infringment.....

Actually this is about the US gov censoring the internet, more or less. That's why wikipedia and craigslist, basically all the internet that isn't Sony, Microsoft, Apple, etc. are freaking out.

DangerousR6 said:
line6man said:
He's an overrated rookie quarterback, whom has been the butt of many jokes...

I don't think he's "overrated," per se, but he's garnered more press than he probably should have.

Let's not discount "god's quarterback," as he did take a team with a losing record all the way from failure to success, right into the playoffs.  I think he's gonna be a very good quarterback in the future but as of right now, I think he's just hampered by his inexperience.  I'm gonna predict that within the next 3-4 years we'll see big things from him.

He's in his second year and I really don't see how he's overrated. It's pretty obvious that he has a lot of deficiencies as a quarter back. I mean he couldn't even beat out Kyle Orton in training camp. I don't think I've heard anyone think of him as a great quarterback. He is a great football player. A strong leader. A competitor. These are all things his opponents even say. Give him some time and he'll shut everyone up. John Elway will make sure of that. Besides you can't expect a Cowboys fan to know what a good quarterback looks like.

pabloman said:
He's in his second year and I really don't see how he's overrated. It's pretty obvious that he has a lot of deficiencies as a quarter back. I mean he couldn't even beat out Kyle Orton in training camp. I don't think I've heard anyone think of him as a great quarterback. He is a great football player. A strong leader. A competitor. These are all things his opponents even say. Give him some time and he'll shut everyone up. John Elway will make sure of that. Besides you can't expect a Cowboys fan to know what a good quarterback looks like.

John Elway doesn't care for Tim Tebow at all...

Yes I know but as long as Tebow is in Denver Elway will have to groom him. We just need to sign Peyton Manning, grab a receiver, a good tight end and we'll be fine. We don't have much time left with Champ and Dawkins. 

pabloman said:
Yes I know but as long as Tebow is in Denver Elway will have to groom him. We just need to sign Peyton Manning, grab a receiver, a good tight end and we'll be fine. We don't have much time left with Champ and Dawkins.

Peyton's done.  He ain't comin' back.  Indy just fired Caldwell, which I don't understand (The Colts' organization say it's because the fans demanded a change...).  They have a star QB who's just had neck surgery and his vertebrae fused.  What are the chances of Peyton coming back and competing at the level he was competing at?

IMO, the Colts played it smart.  Sure, it sucks for the fans if they purposefully tossed the season, but think about it; They have a QB who may not be coming back.  The Colts need to be looking to the future for Peyton's replacement.  It looks like they'll have dibs, and I'm going to guess they're going to go with Andrew Luck.

As an apathetic sports fan living in Indianapolis, it was quite a year of pain & strife to the locals.
We don't have an NHL team, our minor league baseball team is alright, and our NBA team hasn't been doing well for 10 years or so.

pabloman said:
He maybe in his second year, but he's still a rookie as a quarterback and it shows in his playing. He hasn't got out of that college mentality yet. He still tries that college crap, and it don't cut it in the NFL. And you're right, overrated was probably the wrong word. More like over-sensationalized.

I don't follow pro football too closely, but from what I see Tebow had so many strengths in college at Florida that Urban Meyer just let him play, winning a national championship, breaking some of Emmitt Smith's rushing records at Florida and Herschel Walker's rushing records in the SEC, winning a Heisman etc. It worked fine for Cam Newton at Auburn too - just let 'em off the leash.

Now he's in the NFL and everyone's bigger and faster than just a few people he ever played against in college, but - he's big & fast himself, he's large & durable, and he's really smart; and with Elway's help Tebow will know what he needs to learn. So with him and Newton, you've got got a guy with the size of a receiver, the strength of a running back, a good-to really-good arm (so far) and the smarts to learn how to be a great quarterback - barring injury, I'd say "hold on to your hat."

When you'd see Newton or Tebow drag four 250 lb. college lineman into the end zone with them, it was often because they just didn't expect it and couldn't believe it was happening, and that ain't gonna happen any more. But I wouldn't be surprised if the pair of them re-write the rules as to what's expected from a quarterback. One thing's for sure, and that is that high school "running backs" all over the country are working really hard at throwing footballs and trying out for their team's quarterback position, and just the number of them that will be coming up is going to change what's available to coaches.

Regarding Peyton Manning, he's through, and everything you've been watching about his "comeback" has just been maneuvering to try to secure some of the hundreds of millions of dollars at stake. They've been sly all along about exactly what they were doing to him, but just a few weeks back I read that he had been in for his third operation and they finally admitted they had to fuse 2 vertebrae. Though mine is degenerative rather than injury-started, I have had the exact same injury to my neck - the vertebrae tilted and began abrading the spinal cord underneath. And the instant, fast and only treatment is to fuse three vertebrae, C4, C5 and C6. And then you can't turn your head, and the "wrong" hit will paralyze you. So they fused only two, but it would still be suicidal to get out there and Peyton ain't that dumb. It's all just PR at this point, and hoping their (Andrew) Luck will change. You build a team around one brilliant player, and that player goes down, oh well.

AutoBat said:
As an apathetic sports fan living in Indianapolis, it was quite a year of pain & strife to the locals.
We don't have an NHL team, our minor league baseball team is alright, and our NBA team hasn't been doing well for 10 years or so.

Just think how the people of Cincinnati feels; the Bengals (the Bungles) don't do much and the Reds haven't done anything since the early 90s.  Then, there are the people of Cleveland, who are stuck with the Browns and the Indians.  While the Indians usually have a fairly decent season, when's the last time they've won anything?  Then there's Sacramento; the Kings.  :laughing3:

Ah, yes, my "home city" of Washington D.C, which is actually nearly 1.5 hours away...we have the Nationals and Redskins!  We're borderline with the Capitals!  :laughing3:

I'm in the fringes of the Redskins zone and my parents lived in Washington for a long spell. There's one single problem that the Redskins would have to change to ever get really good again: the owner. In 50 million dollar increments Daniel Snyder must've squandered a billion dollars by now on wiped-out former superstars who are just looking for the one last score (money, not TD!) before the pasture. And when they do get a good young player (Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey)  he gets beat to crap because the team plays as a collection of individuals just hanging out till payday. And NINE head coaches in 12 years? It doesn't WORK that way.

StubHead said:
I'm in the fringes of the Redskins zone and my parents lived in Washington for a long spell. There's one single problem that the Redskins would have to change to ever get really good again: the owner. In 50 million dollar increments Daniel Snyder must've squandered a billion dollars by now on wiped-out former superstars who are just looking for the one last score (money, not TD!) before the pasture. And when they do get a good young player (Jason Campbell, Patrick Ramsey)  he gets beat to crap because the team plays as a collection of individuals just hanging out till payday. And NINE head coaches in 12 years? It doesn't WORK that way.

Yeah, we all remember that turd (Haynesworth) he had playing for him last season. 

They have a lot of problems and you're right, they all start with Snyder.  The guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the game of football.  He's been through how many coaches in how many seasons, not to mention (you called it...) spending boatloads of dollars on wash-ups.  Remember his "All-Star Cast?"  Yep, they spent more money in a season than any other team in NFL history and didn't even manage to get to the playoffs!  :laughing11:

The biggest problem is that he goes after individuals, not team-oriented players.  Touching back on the coaching issues, you can't switch coaches every year.  As soon as the players smooth out the plays of one coach, then they're uprooted and have to learn entirely new offenses and defenses.  They have no time to settle into a routine or time to perfect one.

Look at the success Pittsburgh's had.  They've had four or five head coaches during their tenure with the NFL.  Look at the Patriots of the last 10-12 years.  Sure, Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, and the rest of those guys are great players, but how good would they be if they were "all about me" players?  No doubt, New England have their stars, but what makes them so great isn't so much their ability (though it certainly helps) but the fact they know how to work as a team.

Back