Swampalicious complete

da shrop

Just got the assembly completed yesterday - sounds amazing!  might not be for everyone, but that's part of the point of designed an axe from the ground up right?

wilk trem
dimarzio dsonic in the bridge
duncan hot stacks in the middle and neck

That's gotta be the ugliest guitar on the planet. I think you should ship it to me asap so I can dismantle it and throw it in the fireplace. It's the only way to be sure. I'd send you the frets back, but it's likely they're haunted <grin>

Just kidding. It's an incredible piece. You should be very proud.

Ahh, went with the Nightswan inlays.
Don't see that very often.

Great match between the center of the burst and the neck.
Very nice.

thanks ya'll - I was hoping the inlay and the neck would roll nicely into the wild maple, and it just keeps getting better each time I look at it!

@Cagey - nice comment - had me going for the first part lol (so many of the highly replied to posts here are traditional looking axes - which are cool... that I was wondering if people here just didn't share the idea that the guitar was as cool as I did!).

Nicely done indeed.....so when you aren't playing it how long to you sit and stare at it :icon_biggrin:
That's why you build your own guitar....to make it YOURS and build what YOU invision, again, nicely done!

thanks for the comments guys - I appreciate the feedback!  There are so many cool guitars people put together here that I feel inspired to make my next guitar a warmoth as well.

and yeah - I was staring at it a bit when it first came together .... but the more I play on it, the better it sounds, so I'm playing it more than staring now  :icon_smile:

the pickup combo was a bit unforgiving at first (not quite used to the amount of spank the Duncan hot stacks give - I have cool stacks in a Robin that I love, but Duncan doesn't make those anymore, and I wanting something that would hold up next to the full humbucker tone of the d sonic) but just getting some time playing around with them and the volume knob etc I'm severely digging on it.

Back