Supro Strat

hailstorm350

GoDrex said:
Kinksi said:
I don't think I'll get any audio up anytime soon.

it's ok - no one ever does
aww

I solemnly swear to put sound clips up for my next guitar! 

btw, amazing looking guitar, the wood grain is absolutely perfect for the pickups, which look spectacular btw

dbw

Hey I put up clips for my strat... granted they kinda sucked but whatevs.

G

guitlouie

And I still can't get my #$#%^&#  %^%&&&**@@ing @$$#&*^, $^&#((ing Toneport to work right!!!!  Line 6 can bite me and my $146.

blimpo

Super looking.

I bought a hollow korina with a walnut top. I hope my korina comes out that nice.

What exactly did you use to get that look?

Wow...

Kinksi

What did I use? Do you mean the finish? If so, its just a clear gloss on Korina. Nothing else. Unfinished rosewood neck. The pickups are rusty just from being from the mid 1950's.

Did that help?    :toothy11:

blimpo

Yeah, that helps.

Did you use a filler, it looks smooth.

I was thinking about using a dark grain filler to bring out the grain, but yours looks great.

NonsenseTele

blimpo said:
Yeah, that helps.

Did you use a filler, it looks smooth.

I was thinking about using a dark grain filler to bring out the grain, but yours looks great.

Korina does need grain filler... I usually prefer transparent fillers, but some guys had good results with black... just have a search on the forum and you'll have plent of ideas  :icon_thumright:

Kinksi

As far as I know, its just a standard clear gloss that was done by Warmoth. Perhaps they use filler, I don't know.

:tard:

Kinksi

Oh yeah, I'm also taking out the wilkinson and putting in a 6 point Callaham bridge!!

I fed up with the wilkinson and 2-pivots in general.

burl

Kinksi said:
Hey,

I'm changing the pickups to 2 Harmonic Design Z-90 Pickups (humbucker sized, cream), just to change things up and try other stuff out. I will need a new pickguard I trying to decide between using the same color I have now (white pearl w/ black stripe) or using solid black gloss (no stripe).....any opinions? The knobs I use will be dictated by the pickguard....

:icon_scratch:

id say the second (goes great with the natural)

Tempest

Didn't catch the part about the new pups being cream. Black is the way to go with the cream pups.