Sub-Tropical Soloist

Awesome work. I can feel the humidity already! I like the simple controls.

My old stomping grounds. Still nice to visit. I miss the orange tree in my back yard. I know a art director for magazine in that area if you ever would like to submit work for consideration. May pay for a few margaritas and a permit!

It looks great and reminds me of the flowers I was looking at in Florida over my Christmas break. I got back to the UK two days ago, and it's cold and grey, but at least I got some sun  :eek:ccasion14:

Thank you very much, you guys...I'm heading south tomorrow with a van full of fly rods, guitars, and two cats... :icon_thumright:

If flowers could rock, that's what they'd look like.... :headbang1:

Nice work... :guitarplayer2:

Recently on this forum we were admiring the 'black line' feature on a guitar (whose it was escapes me at the moment), and it IS a nice touch. Funny how sometimes it pops up as available, but usually not.
Anyhow, it WAS available when I was ordering this body. Previous photos didn't show it, so here's a couple that do...and before you say anything, Doug, those are my girlfriend's boots, not mine. :icon_tongue:

Very nice artwork.  That turned out fantastic.  If I am reading correctly, I think you are referring to the "clean line" option.

Actually, no, that is the 'black line' option. It's created by sandwiching a walnut veneer between the basswood body and the spruce laminate top...that 'clean line' is created by the black line and careful application of the peach-colored dye.

My bad. I thought it looked darker. I didn't know the thin walnut sandwich was called the "black line" option. Those little veneer sheets add a really nice touch. I have a maple one in one of my builds and it is a pretty sweet little detail. 

pulling-them-off.png

Great job Great Ape  :headbang:

Great Ape said:
Recently on this forum we were admiring the 'black line' feature on a guitar
(whose it was escapes me at the moment)
Maybe it was this one  :icon_biggrin: ... http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17171.0

Hi Murray! No, it wasn't the Emu, but that bird has always been one of my absolute favorites--and now realizing it's got the ''black line'' touch, I like it even more! To tell you the truth, I was all set to build a clone of your design for myself when suddenly it was no longer possible once that silly G*bson crap kicked in... 

Back